SOLD

MEH Synergy

$1800 FIRM  

Located in Lakewood, Southern California 90713

Speakers are in an honest 9/10 condition and sound even better than they look. Beautiful custom stain. Must be seen in person to appreciate.  I just bought these from Justin and I must say although they sound amazing, I listen to primarily electronic music and dont have the room to pair these with a proper subwoofer.  I am used to the bass from Klipschorns :D. 

MODIFICATIONS:
Replaced some of the beat-up outer layer on the ply
Dog house was re-glued for stiffness (PL90 used).
Doghouse braces installed. 
Stock barrier strip removed and new binding posts added. 
Fasttrac Wood Tractrix horn installed with K55s.
Eliptical tweeter installed with Eminence HF driver.
Woofer replaced with new Eminence 15Cs.
All rewired in silver plate hookup wire. 
ALK Cornscalawal CSW450 (2nd order on bass sec) installed. 
Rear of LS had 1/2" added and recess for top-hat cover with modern binding posts installed. 
La Scalas lacquered in deep walnut. Front of speaker and top-hat cover in back Lacquer. 
2 custom dolliesflush with the front of the cabinet that do not interfere with bass horn. 

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

14 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

I did not see a price?

• Regulars
  • 62 posts

$1800 FIRM  

Located in Lakewood, Southern California 90713

Speakers are in an honest 9/10 condition and sound even better than they look. Beautiful custom stain. Must be seen in person to appreciate.  I just bought these from Justin and I must say although they sound amazing, I listen to primarily electronic music and dont have the room to pair these with a proper subwoofer.  I am used to the bass from Klipschorns :D. 

Call or text (310) 227-0019 if you are ready to buy or have questions.

MODIFICATIONS:
Replaced some of the beat-up outer layer on the ply
Dog house was re-glued for stiffness (PL90 used).
Doghouse braces installed. 
Stock barrier strip removed and new binding posts added. 
Fasttrac Wood Tractrix horn installed with K55s.
Eliptical tweeter installed with Eminence HF driver.
Woofer replaced with new Eminence 15Cs.
All rewired in silver plate hookup wire. 
ALK Cornscalawal CSW450 (2nd order on bass sec) installed. 
Rear of LS had 1/2" added and recess for top-hat cover with modern binding posts installed. 
La Scalas lacquered in deep walnut. Front of speaker and top-hat cover in back Lacquer. 
2 custom dolliesflush with the front of the cabinet that do not interfere with bass horn. 

thumbnail (7).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

$1800 firm.  My honest opinion, an honest bargain for the quality of the restoration work and the parts contained.  The mids and highs are amazing.  The bass may be your cup of tea, but not mine with electronic music.  

This is a more than fair price.  I’ve installed most of these mods in my La Scalas and wouldn’t take a nickel less than 2K for them  

Someone is getting a deal here. 

Best of luck with your sale. 

Mark

Yeah you got it.  Those that are serious I may be new here but I've been playing with HiFi for better than 10 years.  My number is up.  Contact me if you serious.  The best system I have ever owned was a pair of $10k legacy audio Focus speakers.  Trust me when I say that I totally understand the monetary compensation of the KLIPSCH heritage line.  The only horns I have and will ever hear that ate better is avantgarde.  I sure as hell don't have money for that haha

Btw I appreciate your honest input.  Like I said I bought these to try.  I heard then in a garage.  Obviously everyone listening room is different.  Mine is an open concept living room to kitchen, the didn't end up working in the quantity and depths of the bass that I was hoping.  Mids and highs are even ib my roon were what only the better horns can deliver.  

On 9/25/2017 at 10:26 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Yes. I still have the Klipschorns and I'm trying to sell them as well.  They are too large for my living room after moving into a smaller house.  

I hear you, my brother.  I just sold my Khorns earlier this week.  I feel your pain.  :(

55 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

How's the california market for KLIPSCH in general on here?  Are there a decent amount of folks in the area?  Seems like most are from other states.  

I am in a unique position to answer that since I track Heritage speakers.  I have about 30 samples of LS in A or B condition.  I don't track everything, just the ones that come across my radar on this board.

You are right, out of the 30 I have listed only one pair is California, Bakersfield.  An unmolested pair sold for $1250 back in March 2017.  Yours are not comparable because of the considerable upgrades.  In general I have been told by California people that prices in CA are soft because of supply and demand.  I track speakers I see on this board, but the CA people tell me there are a lot more at lower prices than what I've seen.

I show a pair sold in Little Rock for $1800 in March that were in pristine condition, not sure about upgrades.

In my opinion a pair of LS in great condition sell for about $1500.  When the considerable upgrades you have done are factored in I would expect those to go for a minimum of $1800 to about $2000.  Belles average about $1850 so that is the completion in that price range, and when you get to $2000 and above that is Khorn country.

The bottom line is I think you have those priced very well.  It would be a solid investment for someone, both in terms of audio quality, build quality, and re-sale value.

Hang in there.  Timing is everything.

Note:  I can send you my Heritage Price spreadsheet if you want, just ask or send me a PM.  Also, if I've speculated too much about price on your thread, be sure and tell me and I'll take it out, no problem.