Lucky Day!! cue the "happy boy" song

JohnJ

So I've had a couple of frustrating weeks trying to get my lps frequency response to match what it used to. Had a thread in Talkin' Tubes and one in Technical/Modifications about this.

Ordered a nice replacement tt as a result of a conversation with a fella at an online record store that sells hardware too. Well he gave me a fair price on my current tt for a trade in on it, nice!

The unreal part of it is that the gal that takes care of sealing the deal that I made with the guy that I learned is the owner of that business, called me today.

Seems that they cannot obtain the somewhat pricey Pro-Ject 1Xpression that I ordered from their distributors right now. It's a serious long back-order right now.

This lady asked me If it would be alright? If they upgraded my order to.... A Pro-Ject the Classic!!!

I nearly fell out of my chair here at the computer, pulled up their website and verified the product code with her in disbelief!  It's Christmas in September folks.

I tell you what if everybody had at least one day in their life like this. A surprise that could make them forget about their own bullya that's going on and just grin from ear to ear for a couple of hours it would be great!

Have any of you had anything that has been shockingly fantastic happen to you lately:biggrin::biggrin:!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Have any of you had anything that has been shockingly fantastic happen to you lately:biggrin::biggrin:!

Yes I have at least twice lately, and it is shocking and a little hard to accept and believe at first.

Congratulations and just be happy and enjoy it.................. This is what I was told when I asked several people advice on what I should do.

I do not keep up with or use tt's any more but I do know that company makes some great and well respected plus expensive turntables you should be in great shape after this. :emotion-21:

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

And you sir, enjoy all the new improved bass response at your place!

I definitely will, but if I tried to get into LP's again it wouldn't be pretty,  my wife already said no way...but I do remember nothing sounding like a good LP. :emotion-14:

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I need a day like this:mellow:

Yes you do, we're hoping some of your great news is about how you have been feeling. Were thinking about you dude, waiting for that improvement which will come. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

So I've had a couple of frustrating weeks trying to get my lps frequency response to match what it used to. Had a thread in Talkin' Tubes and one in Technical/Modifications about this.

Ordered a nice replacement tt as a result of a conversation with a fella at an online record store that sells hardware too. Well he gave me a fair price on my current tt for a trade in on it, nice!

The unreal part of it is that the gal that takes care of sealing the deal that I made with the guy that I learned is the owner of that business, called me today.

Seems that they cannot obtain the somewhat pricey Pro-Ject 1Xpression that I ordered from their distributors right now. It's a serious long back-order right now.

This lady asked me If it would be alright? If they upgraded my order to.... A Pro-Ject the Classic!!!

I nearly fell out of my chair here at the computer, pulled up their website and verified the product code with her in disbelief!  It's Christmas in September folks.

I tell you what if everybody had at least one day in their life like this. A surprise that could make them forget about their own bullya that's going on and just grin from ear to ear for a couple of hours it would be great!

does it come with the

cartridge ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

does it come with the

cartridge ?

Yes it has an Ortofon 2M Silver with it, not attached. If I remember correctly my AT440MLb might have better bass response, I will revisit the specs. Plus I like fine line needles better than elliptical.

I do know this elliptical Ortofon has been mentioned to have a long break in period of about 100 hours on the www. Might sell it unused I know I love the AT micro line sound and an upgrade would cost me less with them. The 2M Bronze that has micro line is $440, new AT740 mm is $330. Heck I could get an AT moving coil micro line for not much more than the 2M Bronze.

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes it has an Ortofon 2M Silver with it, not attached. If I remember correctly my AT440MLb might have better bass response, I will revisit the specs. Plus I like fine line needles better than elliptical.

I do know this elliptical Ortofon has been mentioned to have a long break in period of about 100 hours on the www. Might sell it unused I know I love the AT micro line sound and an upgrade would cost me less with them. The 2M Bronze that has micro line is $440, new AT740 mm is $330. Heck I could get an AT moving coil micro line for not much more than the 2M Bronze.

I'm still trying to figure out what

cartridge....to use in my set up..

I have been eyeing the soundsmith 

otello , and Carmen mk 11..

but I'm open to suggestions...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I have been eyeing the soundsmith 

otello , and Carmen mk 11..

Those are both beauties, specifications and aesthetics. That Ortofon 2M Silver is the 2M Red done with silver windings, 2M Bronze and Black are similar but they have MORE windings.

My AT440MLb at 6.5g isn't heavy enough to work on the new tt, I need a min of 7g, ;)so if you want a recently broken in clean & clear with details (like Klipsch) tight and true bass (like Klipsch) used cart for cheap hit me up bud! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Those are both beauties, specifications and aesthetics. That Ortofon 2M Silver is the 2M Red done with silver windings, 2M Bronze and Black are similar but they have MORE windings.

Did not know this. When I ordered my u-turn I upgraded to the 2M red. I didn't really know what I was doing......but I'm happy with the Ortofon.

@JohnJ my "lucky dog" moment was when I ordered an RP-260F combo online. The UPS truck pulled up and they shipped me RP-280F's. I has my honest Abe moment after my moment of "heck ya!" and called them up. They said to keep them because the cost of them paying return shipment and shipping me the correct speakers would not be worth it. :rolleyes:

i sold them them about a year later for a minor loss since they were 280's. But I enjoyed them for a year. 

• Like 3

John Boy & Billy from here did a version in the 80s I liked and knew, but that guy in the link is funny too. Hubba, Hubba, Hubba came to mind right after I got that call today, I'm still grinning and I've got to hit the sack so I can get up early and water all those grass seeds in the morning.

****Scroll down, I had to switch from chromium to ie to listen. This is the "Happy Boy " version that they used to play on "The Big Show"

http://www.allmusic.com/album/dr-demento-25th-anniversary-collection-mw0000178777#no-js

Edited by JohnJ

Bud, it looks like you are celebrating right here with me!!

I appreciate the sentiment @dirtmudd !

One thing though. I don't ever treat stuff I've spent my money on as rough as either of those vids. I'd seen the one with the "bloke" already when investigating my good fortune the other day.

Mine's gonna be Walnut to match my speakers, none of the choices will match the cabinet.    "So F'n What" I don't mind at all.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

One thing though. I don't ever treat stuff I've spent my money on as rough as either of those vids.

I don't blame you, he throws things around like it's worth $2, don't be so rough if you expect things to work as designed. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My Tigers are having a tough time up playing Syracuse, Dungey is a good QB.

Got the tt tonight. What's a Fri the 13th without a little trouble, with my team and Bryant getting hurt again and that iTube2 that says it is a preamp. Nope it's not, thought that was an issue with the old tt, but this beauty does not have any kind of internal amp. tsk, tsk, tsk   A couple more days now, prime 2 days doesn't work on weekends

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

My Tigers are having a tough time up playing Syracuse, Dungey is a good QB.

Got the tt tonight. What's a Fri the 13th without a little trouble, with my team and Bryant getting hurt again and that iTube2 that says it is a preamp. Nope it's not, thought that was an issue with the old tt, but this beauty does not have any kind of internal amp. tsk, tsk, tsk   A couple more days now, prime 2 days doesn't work on weekends

Untitled.jpg

nice....go orange !!!! hometown

favorite

• Sad 1