Just added a turntable to the living room setup

geoffr

43 minutes ago, geoffr said:

actually a Jelco 750D and a Fisher 400. That cabinet belonged to a black and white tv that we had when I was a kid. It is perfect for holding records and a cd player. The house was built in 1957, the same year as the turntable.

nice how does it sound ? that's a perfect small room set-up !!!

16 hours ago, geoffr said:

actually a Jelco 750D and a Fisher 400. That cabinet belonged to a black and white tv that we had when I was a kid. It is perfect for holding records and a cd player. The house was built in 1957, the same year as the turntable.

...and the same year as me, haha.

Beautiful table and a nice system all the way around.

Its' weird. They both use the same signal tubes, and very similar circuitry.  The output tubes are different and that may explain something, but I'm not sure.

The 500's through horns are a bit harsh, the 400 is "warmer" what an awful adjective for audio.  A more accurate description would be the 400 is more balanced across the musical spectrum. It's a more coherent and musical sound.

• Like 1

Looks great!  I really like the setup.  As someone who drives some Cornwalls with a 500B I know that you can rock the room with your setup!

BTW if you ever find that you need a bit more bass, the center channel RCA output combined with a powered subwoofer that has built in frequency cutoff controls works like a charm.

Laters,

Jeff