Rudy81

Best DIY subwoofer?

42 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

What are some other common DIY subs besides the Full Marty? 

On 9/28/2017 at 10:31 PM, wvu80 said:

The best bang-for-buck IMO is two Ultimax 18's and an Inuke 6000 w/DSP, $1200 total.  The savings is in the second sub which only costs a little more since the Inuke can drive both subs.

I quoted my own post from early in the thread.  The dual Umax subs are quick, easy and reasonably priced.  The flat packs are worth the price of admission, easy to assemble and precision fit if you have zero woodworking skills or tools, like me.

The Marty line has various  sizes and slightly different performance.  Then there are the horn loaded refrigerator sized variations. There are other designs of sealed and ported subs as well which you can find by searching this site as well as AVS forum.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:15 PM, Jirachi said:

What are some other common DIY subs besides the Full Marty? 

Parts express and DIY soundgroup sell a bunch of flatpacks for sealed subs that are pretty popular. Full Marty is the undisputed champion of the world for cheap, easy and epic output though.

Glad you are happy with your subs. They look awesome. I have my 4 set up about 1/3 along the front and rear walls. I am not 100% on tuning and just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've done a little tweeking and run Audessy but that is about it.

One thing is for certain: I honestly feel like I finally have more bass than I know what to do with. I hope it stays that way. Any more subs is going to require an additional 20 amp circuit and will most likely result in actual structural damage to my home. Next stop: LFE Buttkickers

So how about a build that will fit in the following spaces? 

up to about 7' or more long, 18" high (maybe another inch or so) and 18" wide max.

Or one or two that fit in the following area:

54" wide max, 14" high and maybe 30" deep (I can do two of these). 

On 1/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, wvu80 said:

I quoted my own post from early in the thread.  The dual Umax subs are quick, easy and reasonably priced.  The flat packs are worth the price of admission, easy to assemble and precision fit if you have zero woodworking skills or tools, like me.

I can't disagree on that note. 4 of those and a Behringer will set you back about $2,000 and you will have perfectly balanced bass from all 4 walls or 4 corners.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

So how about a build that will fit in the following spaces? 

up to about 7' or more long, 18" high (maybe another inch or so) and 18" wide max.

Or one or two that fit in the following area:

54" wide max, 14" high and maybe 30" deep (I can do two of these). 

these are good horn sub dimensions

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:12 AM, Rudy81 said:

The Marty line has various  sizes and slightly different performance.

Where can we view a comparison chart?