Preamp Owners....What Are You Using?

Youthman

Hey guys, its been a while. Love seeing and reading what everyone is using. Looks like a lot of Mac gear as of late....pretty easy on the eyes. I recently did a room reorganization. Here is the latest incarnation as of a few weeks back. Marty's plexi-working days also inspired me to make a dust cover for my TT. I'll have to get some pix.

Sorry but the pre is at the far end. I'm sure everyone knows what it is.

IMG_20170919_162539263 (Medium).jpg

• Like 6

Thanks guys! No idea why but I drifted away from critical 2-channel listening for a while. I had all the gear in a heavy steel Stand Design stand that functioned well but the VRDs were always right at the dogs nose level and worried me. I had a makeshift barricade to keep them out. Now things are up and out of the way and I'm falling in love all over again. Pix below show after clearing out the mismatched book shelves and patching the drywall. Paint was impossible to match so I decided to just cover most of it with LPs. Pretty happy with the result in the trial fit below; being that I'm not much of a carpenter. I'm pretty good with the demo then my projects seem to stall out.:D

Sorry for the hi-jack....back to preamps!IMG_20170915_101724139 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20170918_154045722 (Medium).jpg

On 9/29/2017 at 2:00 AM, joshnich said:

New reissue c22. This is an awesome preamp and the phono section is to die for 

IMG_0274.JPG

Pretty amazing how close they made that reissue look like the original C-22 which was always a nice looking and great sounding vintage tube preamp. What is the tube compliment of the reissue? 

3 hours ago, rplace said:

Thanks guys! No idea why but I drifted away from critical 2-channel listening for a while. I had all the gear in a heavy steel Stand Design stand that functioned well but the VRDs were always right at the dogs nose level and worried me. I had a makeshift barricade to keep them out. Now things are up and out of the way and I'm falling in love all over again. Pix below show after clearing out the mismatched book shelves and patching the drywall. Paint was impossible to match so I decided to just cover most of it with LPs. Pretty happy with the result in the trial fit below; being that I'm not much of a carpenter. I'm pretty good with the demo then my projects seem to stall out.:D

Sorry for the hi-jack....back to preamps!IMG_20170915_101724139 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20170918_154045722 (Medium).jpg

Nice pic....London Calling might be the best album ever made.

3 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nice pic....London Calling might be the best album ever made.

Could not agree more. For a long, long time the cover was my profile photo. It is defiantly a desert island record...even if digital.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NOSValves said:

Pretty amazing how close they made that reissue look like the original C-22 which was always a nice looking and great sounding vintage tube preamp. What is the tube compliment of the reissue? 

Tube Compliment

High Level Circuitry: 2 - 12AX7A MM Phono Circuitry: 2 - 12AX7A MC Phono Circuitry: 2 - 12AX7A

When I'm not listening to my fully restored HH Scott 222c (Stereo Rehab-Chicago....man, he brought this thing to life!)......I've got two systems both with Marantz Model 3600 preamps paired with Crown K2's.

The 3600'S were both fully restored and I really dig them. Huge improvement after the restoration.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 10/13/2017 at 6:29 PM, wstrickland1 said:

Youthman this would be perfect for you:

https://oppodigital.com/sonica-dac/

I just ordered one to run as a streamer and dac, but it will operate as a pre-amp. I can't wait to run it thru it's paces

Billy, that looks awesome and super classy as well! 

4 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Billy, that looks awesome and super classy as well! 

If you could find one "on the Youth" get it. I can't tell you how great this thing sounds. It is also very easy to use. You can plug it directly in to your Acurus so no pre-amp. Spotify and Tidal operate on the device itself, not cast from your phone. You do control it from your device but it's only the remote. It has airplay, DLNA, plays from usb thumb drives. It is a very nice machine. Spotify sounds great but Tidal is phenomenal. You need this.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

If you could find one "on the Youth" get it.

You know me all too well Billy.  I almost mentioned previously that I don't have $800 in my RF-7 II and my HK3490.  LOL   It's difficult being "Youthman" because I'm so used to finding sweet deals on my gear, it makes me hesitant to buy items at full retail.   Call me cheap, frugal or just patient, it's both blessing and a curse.  LOL

8 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Spotify sounds great but Tidal is phenomenal. You need this.

I just created a watch on Ebay.  If one comes up for $400, I would consider it.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

and not sure if "On the Youth" has any copyrights but I believe that should be used to describe any smokin' deal that someone may come across.

Not sure about that one but "Youthman Deal" does have a © Copyright.  :lol: