WTB: IPhone 6

Rivernuggets

I have used the iphone 6s and I own an iphone 6.  I like the 6 better.

You can get a new 6 from Straight Talk (Walmart) for $200.  The monthly unlimited plan is $45 but you can bring the monthly cost down with auto refill (-$1) or if you buy your service 6 months or a year at a time.

I believe it will only work with Straight Talk.

• Like 1

Even though it has a smaller screen--4 inch--

the iphone 5SE--which has the power of a iphone 6

is 130 dollars for a Straight Talk at Wal-Mart.

I'm buying one for the wife for Christmas.

I love my 5SE--I use an Otterbox case for protection

and that makes the size OK for me.

4 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

What's the difference between 6 and 6S? I could google it but you guys are more fun.

As I said, I like the 6 better.  I did my research on both 6 vs 6s and reviewers usually liked the 6s better because of better camera, faster CPU, and more rigid.  None of those things could I tell in everyday use, and I owned both.

• They are the same size, within microns of each other.  They use the same size case even though the 6s is technically larger.
  • The 6s has a feature where if you shake it, it will turn on.  I don't like that, I like hitting the Home button.
  • The 6s will come alive if you say "Hey Siri."  The 6 will do the same thing if you hold the Home button for a few seconds or handsfree if it is plugged in.  The 6s uses more power because of this.
  • I think the 6s has a shorter battery life.  Neither phone lasts more than 2 days on a charge so this is a wash.
  • The 6s has a more powerful processor.  I don't play games on my phone so this doesn't matter to me.  In everyday use I can't see any difference whatsoever in speed, they are both fast enough.  Youtube plays the same in both, good smooth video and quality audio.
  • The 6s has a camera with a few more megapixels and camera stabilization.  In real life they both take great pictures and I can't see the difference unless your wife plans on jogging while taking video with the 6s.
  • The 6s has a stronger case.  The 6 could bend when placed in a women's back pocket.  My 6 has a case which lends rigidity and bending is not a problem, especially because I carry it in a L/R pocket.
  • Both have outstanding talk and speech recognition.  When driving in a car it is virtually silent on the other end except for the clarity of voice.
  • Both have outstanding sound.  I think the 6s probably has better (louder?) sound but just by a fraction.  Both are crystal clear for voice, and Youtube vids do pretty good for musical reproduction for such a tiny speaker.
  • When in Speaker mode, both are super clear for talking and listening, it's actually better than holding the phone up to your ear the old-fashioned way.
  • Both have thumb print/finger print id for password if you password protect your phone.
  • My iphone 6 now uses the latest version of the OS, called iOS 11.

Since you are negotiating price I don't want to speculate on what a used 6 is worth on the used market.  I will tell you the 6s was about $300-400 more than the 6 at the time, which was earlier this year.

That 64 GB your wife wants really doesn't make that much difference vs the 32 unless she loads it up with games.  I have thousands of pics (which get automatically uploaded to the 5 GB idrive, a free Apple cloud drive).  I have 32 GB in my phone and I still have 21 GB left, so 11 GB used.

And you're right, we are more fun.  B)

• 2 months later...