NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

6 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

As an NFL orphan, I am looking for a team to support. If KC keeps this up, it could be them. Three and a half hours and I could tailgate and catch a game. I currently just root for whomever the Rams are playing against. But as my apathy towards the NFL grows, I may just ignore them altogether.

I hear ya'. Even with a reasonably solid team my interest with the Chiefs, more so the NFL in general, has been on the decline for a while. 

The ESPN's and Fox' s of the world have run football into the ground for me. College ball has the same effect on me as it has become the business end of the NFL meat grinder. I'm sure all cities with a pro team experience local coverage that starts pretty much non-stop a few weeks Before training camp. The Chiefs got enough of my season ticket money in the Joe Montana era. The older I've become the more I know I want nothing to do with the drunken crowds that fill Arrowhead. 

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

As an NFL orphan, I am looking for a team to support. If KC keeps this up, it could be them. Three and a half hours and I could tailgate and catch a game. I currently just root for whomever the Rams are playing against. But as my apathy towards the NFL grows, I may just ignore them altogether.

i don’t think the people of Los Angeles would mind if you took the Rams back. i think most wanted the Raiders back. 

They’re trying to trade the Chargers for a bag of chips. Absolutely no idea if there is any credibility to the talk of the NFL wanting to get the Chargers back to San Diego. Being in LA has been an utter failure thus far. Pretty sad when parking costs more than a ticket to the game.

24 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

And sometimes with the sound muted so that I don't have to listen to the women commentator.

JJK

Have you heard Romo yet?  Talk about peeking behind the curtain.  He really has a knack for conveying what's going on pre snap.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

And sometimes with the sound muted so that I don't have to listen to the women commentator. -JJK

I thought I was the only one who did that.  I can't stand the woman commentator and it offends me they are shoving that down our throat.

I listen music while the TV is on mute.  And if there is another game on with no female commentators, I switch to that.

Have you heard Romo yet?  Talk about peeking behind the curtain.  He really has a knack for conveying what's going on pre snap.

I didn't know Romo retired.  I thought he was still with the team as the backup.  What's the story with what he is doing now?

I didn't know Romo retired.  I thought he was still with the team as the backup.  What's the story with what he is doing now?

Yeah, gosh, those darn women… Hard to believe that they would actually let them into the hallowed halls of the NFL announcing booths....Shocking!

52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Romo us now a comentator and provides incredible insight as to what's going on pre and post snap.  He's definitely worth listening to.

Agree 100%.  Was telling my brother how impressed I was with him.  He knows the game very well.  He’ll predict the play based on where ONE player lined up and then he’ll tell you how he knew that was going to be the play. He’s easily my favorite. 

Did anyone catch the Inside Football episode about John Madden.  I only caught the last 15 minutes or so; but a buddy watched it and told me that Madden claimed that this one guy spoke for EIGHT hours on a single play. Madden then told himself, “I know nothing about football."

It would be kind of fetching for a lady to come in here arguing mid driver brand/model supremacy and/or an active or passive layout leader.  I bet a few here might have a chuckle or two before they sat down to break out their calculator and their witty direction.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Yeah, gosh, those darn women… Hard to believe that they would actually let them into the hallowed halls of the NFL announcing booths....Shocking!

No, annoying.  There is one one who talks in a fake, sing-song voice.  I find it irritating.

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

@wvu80 Hey Dave, i hope you realize that i was only teasing you by calling you Cam Newton.  No offense intended.

Yeah, I'm offended.  I need a safe space.  :lol:

+++

I hadn't gotten around to it, but when you kiddingly asked "who are you, Cam Newton" my reply was going to be "no, John McEnroe."  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Yeah, I'm offended.  I need a safe space.  :lol:

Well one thing you can remember about me -- i’m not going to waste my time using this forum to fight or intentionally offend people. 

The written word often lends itself to having the writer’s message misunderstood, so hopefully if i ever say something that makes you wince, you can trust that I didn’t mean anything offensive. Like I said, I’m not here to fight anyone. it’s shameful enough when i think about how much time I’ve spent on the forum, i’m not going to make it worse by having that time spent arguing or trying to insult people. 

My goal is to have everyone love me -- oh yeah, i’m failing miserably at that.