NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

4 hours ago, Davis said:

When Letterman threw out a little football trivia, that Eli and Peyton had the same amount of wins this season was awesome. Then he said sorry I was told it was a roast.

How about the line about "the sculptor really captured Peytons movement in the pocket" line, lol.

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

How about the line about "the sculptor really captured Peytons movement in the pocket" line, lol.

i didn't hear that one. That is really a funny subtle joke.

I think I am going to watch the entire ceremony online. There were quite a few funny jokes.

57 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I was 0-4 yesterday.  

I was with you on all four, except that on Sat I rooted for WVU and Texas which made me 1-5 for the weekend.  Thank goodness for Texas.

On the pro side the Texans have such a feel-good story even for those of us who aren't anywhere close to Texas.  Seeing JJ Watt go down and his obvious anguish, his heart felt apology for letting his team down even though he suffered a broken leg is disheartening.

I think the Texans can make the playoffs.  I'll be rooting for them.

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I was with you on all four, except that on Sat I rooted for WVU and Texas which made me 1-5 for the weekend.  Thank goodness for Texas.

On the pro side the Texans have such a feel-good story even for those of us who aren't anywhere close to Texas.  Seeing JJ Watt go down and his obvious anguish, his heart felt apology for letting his team down even though he suffered a broken leg is disheartening.

I think the Texans can make the playoffs.  I'll be rooting for them.

Whitney Mercilus got hurt and is now out for the season as well.  He and JJ combined for more sacks than any other defensive tandem in the NFL for 3 years I believed.  They're both next to impossible to replace.

• Like 1

Just now, JJkizak said:

Watching the slow mo it's pretty hard to see how JJ Watt got injured. I saw it three times and wondered how he did it.

JJK

He tripped over his own foot and went down on his right knee in an awkward way.

The one which really looked bad was Beckham's broken leg.  That was a rough replay to watch in slo-mo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

He tripped over his own foot and went down on his right knee in an awkward way.

The one which really looked bad was Beckham's broken leg.  That was a rough replay to watch in slo-mo.

Did you see Odell's reaction while being carted off? He looked like he was in a lot of pain. That team is in bad shape.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:50 AM, dwilawyer said:

How much do the announcers play in whether someone tunes into a game or not?

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, wvu80 said:

The better question would be how much do the announces play whether someone tunes OUT or not? 

You guys have too much time on your hands if this is something you are worrying about....

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:14 AM, wvu80 said:

The prohibition of talking politics prevents me from going further than that in this line of discussion.

Me too! B)

• Like 1