NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yep, did you know that his son is the QB for Illinois?

No, I didn't know that. I'll check him out.

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Dude had an arm ... too bad it sounds like he had an attitude too.

He had talent, but the Colts didn't have much of a team around him. My nephew went to high school with him, he still has passing records in tact there. Same school I went to.

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Hey, there’s a great endorsement for ya....

Gruden and Gannon should have gone to the super bowl, but the Multiple expletive laden tuck rule interfered.  Oddly enough, George did not fit in well with the controlled passing attack put in by Gruden, so yeah he had a great arm but what?  He couldn't handle short easy passes?

On the subject of disappointments at the position, it's weird how the Raiders had so much success with Lamonica, Stabler, and even Plunkett, but then had major fails with Marinovich, Jamarcus,  and others until Carr.  Gannon was a proven veteran.  I wonder what changed, as in who died that had the judgement.  I also wonder how things may have been different if they had gotten Jim Kelly like they were supposed to until the league and a couple of owners managed to keep him from them.

The point is about George, is that he had the team around him, but still did not cut the muster.

• Like 1