NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Dave ... which NFL team do most West Virginians favor?

WVU people are more north and Morgantown is about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh.  Steelers.

Where I'm from in Western West Virginia, Cleveland is about 3 hours north; a lot of folks here follow the Browns.

In the south they are a couple of hours from Cincinnati, so Bungles.

Our eastern most panhandle is an hour from DC.  Redskins.

49 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

WVU people are more north and Morgantown is about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh.  Steelers.

Where I'm from in Western West Virginia, Cleveland is about 3 hours north; a lot of folks here follow the Browns.

In the south they are a couple of hours from Cincinnati, so Bungles.

Our eastern most panhandle is an hour from DC.  Redskins.

---- and where does following the Browns get those from W WV?? They might considering moving or changing alliances' with those up N and follow the Steelers?!? Would seem a more promising future? 

7 hours ago, richieb said:

---- and where does following the Browns get those from W WV?? They might considering moving or changing alliances' with those up N and follow the Steelers?!? Would seem a more promising future? 

The Browns are a more dynamic organization---owner possibly going to jail, passing up great draft picks, and selecting athletes that constantly break.

JJK

• Like 1

9 hours ago, richieb said:

My hometown is right on the border with Ohio, so there are a lot of Ohio State fans, Browns, and during baseball season, the Indians.  It's an easy drive up the Interstate 77 for a road trip to watch a pro game.  West Virginia doesn't have any pro teams, we have to rent our teams from other states.

My personal theory is the local Browns fans enjoy the variety of being able to watch a different quarterback every season and sometimes a new QB every week, several new faces within a season.  The Steelers have the same, old QB they've had for years. 

Win win win, watching the Steelers win is boring.  The Browns don't fall into that rut.

43 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My hometown is right on the border with Ohio, so there are a lot of Ohio State fans, Browns, and during baseball season, the Indians.  It's an easy drive up the Interstate 77 for a road trip to watch a pro game.  West Virginia doesn't have any pro teams, we have to rent our teams from other states.

My personal theory is the local Browns fans enjoy the variety of being able to watch a different quarterback every season and sometimes a new QB every week, several new faces within a season.  The Steelers have the same, old QB they've had for years. 

Win win win, watching the Steelers win is boring.  The Browns don't fall into that rut.

---- "the Browns don't fall into that rut". True - but the tense is incorrect. They are already IN the rut so "fallen" would be more accurate. 

And like the elderly lady who has - "help, I've fallen and can't get up" so go the Browns as they too have fallen and can't get up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

---- "the Browns don't fall into that rut". True - but the tense is incorrect. They are already IN the rut so "fallen" would be more accurate. 

And like the elderly lady who has - "help, I've fallen and can't get up" so go the Browns as they too have fallen and can't get up. 

Now who is the professor?

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Now I know why the Browns stadium seats are painted orange/brown, it makes it hard to see if there are any fans.

JJK

If you have watched a Nascar race recently, many of the race tracks have multi colored seats, so it's hard to tell if they're empty.

Browns owner in the NEWS again. I wonder if you can fire anybody if your in jail?

JJK

The general manager was fired, then a new manager was hired and the first thing he did the first day was release Kenny Britt who couldn't catch the ball. This action raised a lot of cheers from the fans including me.

JJK

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Great game last night.  The fish put it on the Pats.......again.  I've never seen a game where one team never converts a 3'rd down for the entire 60 minutes until this one.

You haven't watched the Browns lately.

JJK

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Great game last night.  The fish put it on the Pats.......again.  I've never seen a game where one team never converts a 3'rd down for the entire 60 minutes until this one.

That was an odd un-Pats-like game.  Brady looked pedestrian and the D couldn't stop the run.

Pats play Steelers at Heinz Field this Sunday at 4:30 for the #1 AFC seed.  Despite the Pats loss if they beat the Steelers they will get the top seed based on the head-to-head tie-breaker.  Pittsburgh is slightly favored.

Gronk will be back for the Pats.  Ju-ju Smith-Schuster is back for the Steelers, Ryan Shazier was placed on the IR ending his season.  After being paralyzed temporarily. The linebacker underwent spinal stabilization surgery last week after suffering his injury making a tackle against the Bengals on Dec. 4.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400951812