NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

The dog in my fight is out, the Steelers.

How is it Jax only scored one TD and 13 points last week, and today put 45 on the Steelers?  Big Ben put up nearly 500 yards passing and 5 touchdowns and still lost!  :blink:

Still, it's nice to see some new teams in the final four.  I'll go with the obvious and predict Patriots vs Vikings in the SB.  I'll take the Vikings to win.

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

That cornerback on New Orleans that missed the tackle will probably be better off if he moves to Siberia.

I think that happened on about the 30 yard line. So 45ish yard field goal if he had made the tackle. Probably makes that anyway.

10 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I think that happened on about the 30 yard line. So 45ish yard field goal if he had made the tackle. Probably makes that anyway.

If he let the receiver catch it and tackled him in bounds the game was over, no time left on clock. If he at least kept him from catching it and was called for interference, they would get a shot a kicking a FG. Either way, a big mistake from the defense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JJkizak said:

That cornerback on New Orleans that missed the tackle will probably be better off if he moves to Siberia.

JJK

In his defense, if there is any, he was more worried about pass interference than just timing it right and making a play.  He took the other CB out of the play also.

Bill

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

No, play started with 10 seconds on clock. Should have been 5 or 6 seconds left and 1 timeout.

There was no time out left you are mistaken.  That is what made the outcome so miraculous.  There would have been no time to set up another play or field goal attempt because there was no way to stop the clock, unless there was a catch and a quick out of bounds.

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

There was no time out left you are mistaken.

Wasn't there 10 seconds at the snap? That play did not take 10 seconds.

17 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I respectfully disagree.

Fair enough Neil, but wasn't he looking straight down and that's the reason he missed the hit?

Ten seconds at the snap, but no time outs.  The only way to set up a field goal was to gain enough yards on the pass and get out of bounds.  The saints were set up to make sure he was at the least tackled in bounds, so the clock would run out.  The ball was caught with 5 seconds left, and all that was needed was the tackle---which was missed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new-orleans-saints-at-minnesota-vikings/game-center/sp-id-10401000001744979?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/‘that-play-right-there-was-god’-diggs-dings-and-dumbfounded-vikings-on-how-they-stunned-saints/ar-AAuIexf?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ten seconds at the snap, but no time outs.  The only way to set up a field goal was to gain enough yards on the pass and get out of bounds.  The saints were set up to make sure he was at the least tackled in bounds, so the clock would run out.  The ball was caught with 5 seconds left, and all that was needed was the tackle---which was missed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/new-orleans-saints-at-minnesota-vikings/game-center/sp-id-10401000001744979?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/‘that-play-right-there-was-god’-diggs-dings-and-dumbfounded-vikings-on-how-they-stunned-saints/ar-AAuIexf?ocid=spartanntp

If he let the receiver catch it, keep him inbounds, the game was over.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

One question though, can any of these teams beat Brady, Belichick, and the Pats? :rolleyes:

I think they can be beat, but it's an uphill battle. Belichick thrives in high pressure situations, they will be well prepared. For the Pats to lose, they will have to have an off game, for the whole game, and their opponent must be on their game. 

But maybe enough has happened around the Pats this season to create a weak point. The Colts are planning on signing their offensive coordinator, maybe a little ripple through the locker room will be enough to rattle them!

• Like 1