NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

There were 10 seconds on the clock and no time-outs.  Only a quick, long pass to the sideline or a penalty could set the Vikings up for a field goal.  Look at 52 seconds in the video, and you can see the Saints' safety flinch out of the way to avoid contact with the Vikings' receiver.  Otherwise, it could have been pass interference, which would put the Vikings in field goal range and stop the clock.  So, he falls to the ground, and there's nobody left between the receiver and the end-zone.  

If you notice, the Saints' safety totally played the wrong side of the receiver.  He should have played the inside since he was coming up from behind.  He blew it.

Also, the Saints didn't need 4 people on the line to pressure Keenum.  They could have put 2 on the line and let everyone else cover the pass.  The Vikings needed something like 20 yards, and that's a long way down the sidelines.  The middle wouldn't have gotten it.  The clock would have run out.

Bad defensive call and bad defense by the safety.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Brady is easy to beat---theoretically.  He can't handle being pressured.  Get to him before he is ready to throw, and he folds like a cheap card table.  The hard part is you have to beat that offensive line.  

You're correct....the game is won in the trenches. I've always said, even a mediocre QB would excel if given the time Marcia Brady has to throw :D

11 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

You're correct....the game is won in the trenches. I've always said, even a mediocre QB would excel if given the time Marcia Brady has to throw :D

I believe that both of you are using the same reasoning that proved the world was flat. But my favorite quote when Belicheck was coach of the Browns was "Belichoke" after he traded Kosar

to Dallas who then won the Super Bowl.

JJK

17 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

B.B. is incredible at half time adjustments.  The first half is pretty much meaningless unless someone gets hurt.

As Gronk had to go into concussion protocol, that sure makes you look prophetic!