NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

It is incomprehensible to me how New England  continues to win with injuries (Gronkowski, Edelman) to key players and "no names" performances. They don't have a good defense, defensive line, offensive line, or a bruising running back.

JJK

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

It is incomprehensible to me how New England  continues to win with injuries (Gronkowski, Edelman) to key players and "no names" performances. They don't have a good defense, defensive line, offensive line, or a bruising running back.

JJK

I won't use this as an excuse for everyone losing to the Pats, but they do get a lot of questionable calls go their way. There was an interference call yesterday just before halftime that was hard to believe. Sometimes it looks like Brady will just toss the ball down the field knowing they might get a favorable call. 

I know the Jags did have quite a few penalties, but the penalty yardage was 98-10.

14 minutes ago, babadono said:

Sure hope Philly is watching the films of the AFC championship of a couple years back when the Broncos showed how to beat the Pats.

And even then the Pats were one play away from winning the game.

JJK

• 2 weeks later...

The latest report was that Belichick benched Malcom Butler because he broke the curfew law and was caught with weed on him Saturday night. I commend the coach to sticking to the rules. Pretty gutsy move to bench the best defensive player they have. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Now how does Philly handle the Nick Foles saga---more money, on the bench, or trade?

JJK

Sell him to the highest bidder in trade; while he did very well in this game past average performance must be considered in employee retention.

15 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Local news has the Patriot's OC Josh McDaniels coming to Indy as the Colts new head coach. The national news says it's not a done deal yet. The Patriots are losing their DC also.

Plastered all over ESPN is McDaniels returning to Pats. Saying a very aggressive push to retain him was made after the SB. I imagine that to be $$$$. BB is signed to coach in 2018, so maybe his retirement in'19 is the carrot they used to hold him.