NFL 2017

Jeff Matthews

So no one quite gets that trash talking athletes who are so-called broadcast professionals still trash talk each other.  Yeah , he's Deion, but who fired the first shot, and neither seems to know the address to the high road.  Trash talk might have its place, but perhaps not in front of the general audience, because who cares?  At any rate, this is funny:

• Like 1

Actually, Deion fired the first shot -- many of them in fact over the course of Romo's career.  It was probably his way at just poking back at Deion just a tiny bit -- tiny in the sense that even Deion admitted he wasn't a tackler.  As an analyst, I guess you can say that is part of Deion's job.  The problem with him is he he's completely unable to take the same criticism he gives to others.  Firing a shot back wouldn't have been that bad, but he went all out and went way, way, way under the belt.  What's worse is that Deion is very involved with young kids and attempts to be a role model. Hopefully those that view him as such didn't see the way he reacted.

It seems that injuries are taking out big names more this year than in years passed.  Richard Sherman is out for the season now as well.

On the bright side,  Zeke is finally going to sit 6 games.   Maybe now we can move on instead of hearing about constant court visits every week.

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It seems that injuries are taking out big names more this year than in years passed.  Richard Sherman is out for the season now as well.

On the bright side,  Zeke is finally going to sit 6 games.   Maybe now we can move on instead of hearing about constant court visits every week.

The Cowgirls should've sat him out at the beginning of the year, not when the season winds down. I'm sure they thought that they would've gotten it lifted or reduced. Isn't Jones suing the NFL? I didn't hear why.

The zeke thing is a case brought by the union with future implications.  It wasn't really anything the wowboys had to do with.  Jones is upset about the renewal of Goodell's contract without full ownership approval, which means he is probably looking for more of a lap boy instead.

My cousin is a 49ers fan (because she was in love with Joe Montana). She lives in a nice area and had her backyard landscaped by one of those guys you always see in the Black Hole at the Raiders games ... all decked out in this Raider garb.  They generally show him on television because he’s totally dressed up and face painted in silver & black. She said she didn’t mention that she likes the Niners.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My cousin is a 49ers fan (because she was in love with Joe Montana). She lives in a nice area and had her backyard landscaped by one of those guys you always see in the Black Hole at the Raiders games ... all decked out in this Raider garb.  They generally show him on television because he’s totally dressed up and face painted in silver & black. She said she didn’t mention that she likes the Niners.

Joe Montana....maybe the best ever!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I’m a fan of Joe; but, if I was building a team ... I start with the underrated Steve Young. That dude was sick!

I will say Young was as good as Joe, but Joe was 4-0 in SB starts, 3 SB MVPs, 11-0 touchdown-interception rating in the big game. Those are the best stats of anybody. Those 49 teams were awesome.

• Like 1

Is anybody watching Thursday Night Football on NBC, Steelers vs Titans?

The camera angles are all mainly NOT from the press box, very few.  There is a lot of field level shots including sending cameramen right onto the field after the Steelers first TD.  The other main view is from that "floating" camera on cables, giving you the perspective of above the QB.

There was a game a week ago I think in New England where there was so much fog the floating camera had to be used extensively because you couldn't see the shots from the press box.  Apparently the feed back was viewers liked it, and I heard they were going to broadcast a game from the float camera.

What do you think?

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They'e been doing the spider cam and hand held for quite a while.

The spider cam has been around for years, that's not what I was referring to.

Instead of the traditional L to R horizontal view the spider cam is doing 90% of the shots.  This was announced about a week ago they would be trying that format.

I actually thought they would be doing the whole game on the spider cam, but maybe not.

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It seems they'e trying to get the best angle on every play.  Nothing wrong with that.  

No, nothing wrong with that.

I heard the announcers refer to the "spider cam" as a "sky cam."  They said they are using two tonight, the regular one (I guess) and higher sky cam above that one.  They called the operators "pilots."

Steelers are winning.  That's what's important.  B)