Heresy Industrial (Ported) Nashville

jmc15john

I think this same pair is on eBay with an opening bid of $499.  They are definitely worth it.  They certainly don't go down to 40Hz apparently this guy can't read since the frequency response is right on the input plate.  More like 70Hz indoors and 90Hz outdoors, the K-42 (EVM-12L) woofers in them are massive and they are at least 3db more efficient than a standard Heresy.  Add a capable sub to these and you will have a super kicking system that can play really, really loud.

• Like 1

^^^^Agree with the above^^^^.  I have two pair, one of which is mated with a pair of industrial La Scala's, and they are outstanding.

I would say though to beware of the tweeters.  Both pair I purchased had blown tweeters, not a major big deal, but still.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

I think this same pair is on eBay with an opening bid of $499.  They are definitely worth it.  They certainly don't go down to 40Hz apparently this guy can't read since the frequency response is right on the input plate.  More like 70Hz indoors and 90Hz outdoors, the K-42 (EVM-12L) woofers in them are massive and they are at least 3db more efficient than a standard Heresy.  Add a capable sub to these and you will have a super kicking system that can play really, really loud.

post-58241-0-51540000-1399395135.jpg

post-58241-0-89460000-1399395171.jpg

I bought a pair for my church.  I'd say 90 Hz for a low end is all you'll get.  I use them on top of a pair of KP-480s crossed at 100 Hz.  The results in a coffeehouse are excellent.  But, they are bright.  Woofer can reach ~102 dB near xover, but squawker is run at 104 and tweeter at ~104, too. 

They sound like they were meant for outdoor use.  They shine outside. 

I have a pair and agree with everything already said here.

I think you will enjoy them and the fact they are a bit more rare will make you appreciate them even more.

Hi there Davis! Hope you are well. I’m glad that you are enjoying your pair of HIP‘s. Remember our arrangement though!

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes, yes he did......

The Devil went down to Arkansas,
He was looking for a soul to steal

Then the Devils little helper had a clear concoction that helped seal the deal :P

Do not worry Mr Devil, I never forget a good friend who gave me a great deal and the subsequent arrangement.

• Like 1

@Frzninvt

Can you post a photo of yours?  I'm scratch building a pair of Claude's, @ClaudeJ1, Super Heresy.  While I plan to use a router to flush front mount the tweeter and squawker horns, I'm still undecided regarding the woofer.  I could:

• Flush front mount it;
  • Rear mount it similar the those in the attached photo; or 
  • Rear mount it and round over the edge of the opening with a router.

I feel it's mostly cosmetic.  The look I'm going for is a pro look but with rounded over edges, possibly a woofer grill, and black Duratex, similar to what I did for my son, as shown in the second photo.

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

The HIP's are running AA networks like a Khorn, thus have very thin bass, but are really LOUD.

By mounting my Super Heresys/Baby Cornwalls ports in the REAR, and pulling down the Mid and Tweeter by about 6 db (using a Cornwall B network), I got bass to 30 Hz. in my bedroom system in Indy. This prompted Jim Jimbo to make me an offer I coudn't refuse for them at the time.

• Like 1