Las Vegas

richieb

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

BS. A sicko will use knives, cars, trucks, trains, bombs, planes, acid, clubs or whatever they can to harm others. Ban planes? 

Sad times for sure. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Let's stay away from causation, gun rights, laws and the second amendment.  Some of you guys are awesome at keeping arguments on topic and not personal.  Unfortunately I have to say this for those that aren't.

How can we protect ourselves from events like this ?  Seriously ... Laws ???  don't work.   I guess maybe    Get involved, if you see something say something, ask questions,   this is a free country and you should be able to ask ......    about anything or anyone.....    without being accusatory or fear of reprisal   maybe if we all would become aware of our surroundings ....

Don't know what the answer is.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

BS. A sicko will use knives, cars, trucks, trains, bombs, planes, acid, clubs or whatever they can to harm others. Ban planes? 

Everyone of those things except guns have a main use that isn't for killing. No one is for banning those other items.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Let's stay away from causation, gun rights, laws and the second amendment.  Some of you guys are awesome at keeping arguments on topic and not personal.  Unfortunately I have to say this for those that aren't.

I agree having been involved in those conversations and almost didn't get involved in this one. That said, Ironically as I was going to bed the shooting hadn't occurred and went on youtube to find yet another Switzerland travel video and ironically this one caught my eye and I watched it: 

To add more irony, before watching the video I enjoyed (and assume most of you will as well)  the Klipsch Commercial before it.  

17 minutes ago, whatever55 said:

maybe if we all would become aware of our surroundings ....

This is an excellent self-defense tip, but how do you protect yourself in a concert venue with a sniper and automatic weapon? I also heard they have folks checking into vegas with vast amount of guns because of the gun shows they have every month. {Edit Note: Of course be aware of the people around you and several possible escape routes when settling in.} 

3 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

This is an excellent self-defense tip but how do you protect yourself in a concert venue with a sniper and automatic weapon? I also heard they have folks checking into vegas with vast amount of guns because of the gun shows they have every month.

In that case I guess you can't, no more than you could protect yourself from a runaway car or truck or an airplane in a building.   I don't have an answer, just looking for one that might just work. If someone wants to do evil bad enough they will find a way.

11 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Sure but this shooter did it in a unique American way. 

Nothing American or unique.

If you read world events, you'll find that this is,something that has happened elsewhere and by different means. Paris metal concert? Manchester concert? How about the ones who used a truck to plow down the masses in Paris?  

All of those killings were illegal, that didn't stop them. 

15 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

If you read world events, you'll find that this is,something that has happened elsewhere and by different means.

I do keep up with global events and how those in other countries feel. If you don't understand the perspective I am trying to convey then I suggest doing a search to see how other countries media is reporting this event. Otoh, if you look at the fact this set yet another record, it is one that is a uniquely American statistic....

5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Nothing American or unique.

Sure it was if he obtained all of his weapons legally. As others have mentioned, no crime was recorded on this fellow until he started killing people....As was reported earlier, if the guy modified this weapon to become automatic then, possibly the first crime happened at that point but the poster was wrong about this guy isn't paying a fine or going to jail. 

On that note, it does bring up the point that it would be great if our Insurance lobby getting with our Gun Right organizations and reaching a middle ground with those that want to keep their right to own these kinds of weapons. Jeez. I can't imagine who is going to pay for this guy's devastation but can't imagine he was insured or rich enough to cover the cost. 

I don't care what the media has to say, it's mostly to the level of tabloid trash.

The Paris attacks killed more. It's not just an American thing. And you're missing my point. I don't blame the car for which susan smith's children died. Olympic bombing, Boston marathon bombing. Smh 

Carl asked thst this not go this way, so I have to let you go on this thread.

4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I don't care what the media has to say, it's mostly to the level of tabloid trash.

I wasn't talking about the tabloids--Seriously and I've lived and traveled abroad and meant this DOES fit what others see as 'normal' and uniquely American.

4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Carl asked thst this not go this way, so I have to let you go on this thread.

I understand and thanks.