The Pet Corner

morbella

Hey everyone, I have noticed that there’s no such thread dedicated to our pet, so I have made one in hope of getting a bit of an information about your pets at home. This is Copper, he is a 5-year old Pomeranian. He loves to do outdoor activities such as fetch. I have noticed that this fur baby of mine sneaks out most of the time to play in the front yard, and with that, I have decided to install invisible fence to ensure his security. I am happy to see him roam outside and enjoy a bit of a sunshine.

matchy matchy.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Copper. 

I finally caved in to my 16 year old daughter's request last year to get a puppy. They've never had a dog before, so I knew it would be a huge hit. They are best friends now. Winnie is half Miniature Poodle and Yorkshire Terrier....Yorkie-Poo.

Winnie.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like I am not the only one who's a certified dog lover here.

@mungkiman the hairstyle has been done by my 2 years old niece, they really bond so well. 

@Ceptorman I have always wanted to have a poodle. 

@dtel looks like your pet are the ones who are dominant. LOL or maybe you just love them that much. 

@CECAA850 he looks cozy. 

• Like 1

@CECAA850 Hey Carl, what’s the temperament of your dog?  Was at AAA paying my bill and the agent had a list of dogs on their hit list (not sure if that list rendered them uninsurable or what”; but Rotties were on the list. I told the agent that saw Rotties on a list of the top 10 best breeds to have as a pet. She pretty much blew me off saying, “It’s amazing what some people will think.”  Did your insurance company raise your rates?  I’m considering a Bull Mastiff for my dog companion. I wonder if my insurance company will frown on me or if I’ll have to shop for a new company that won’t care.  I like BIG dogs. Had a St. Bernard years ago.

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

@CECAA850 Hey Carl, what’s the temperament of your dog?  Was at AAA paying my bill and the agent had a list of dogs on their hit list (not sure if that list rendered them uninsurable or what”; but Rotties were on the list. I told the agent that saw Rotties on a list of the top 10 best breeds to have as a pet. She pretty much blew me off saying, “It’s amazing what some people will think.”  Did your insurance company raise your rates?  I’m considering a Bull Mastiff for my dog companion. I wonder if my insurance company will frown on me or if I’ll have to shop for a new company that won’t care.  I like BIG dogs. Had a St. Bernard years ago.

No issues with him around my 6 month old grand daughter or 3 year old grandson.  My daughter has the step brother to my dog and he and my granddaughter are inseparable.  They're very pack oriented and if you're family you're good.  That being said, if anyone were to break into my house or try to do harm to any of his family pack, it would get messy very quick.  They're extremely loyal and protective.  When we have company and we're outside, he doesn't care who's there as long as we're outside too.  As far as insurance goes, we have a mutt, lol.

If you like BIG dogs look into getting a Newfoundland.  We've had a couple in the past and are the most lovable breed you can find (IMHO).  I read somewhere that if all the dog breeds were to go to war with each other, the Newfoundlands would be the red cross.

having never owned a Rottie, I think they get a bad rap because of the ones who have them for reasons other than as a pet, if you know what I'm saying.  the folks who train them to be aggressive etc I think are the cause of the misinformation, perception, and "knee-jerk" reactions of many who have not had them as pets. * * again, just MHO as someone who's never owned one.

we do have some others though.  currently 3 dogs and 1 cat.  Lucy is the 6 y/o Aussie Shepherd mix;  Dexter is the black/cream long haired mini Dachshund;  Cooper is the cream long haired mini.  Cally, the feline, was a no show.  she's immediately chased down by her handlers in photo when she gets outdoors.

the crew.jpg

• Like 1

oh yeah.  enjoying the Mississippi sunshine.  they don't even seem to mind the oppressive summer heat & humidity, less bothered by it that the humans owned by them do.

I've never owned pets until several years ago when I moved my GF, here.  since then, I'm owned.  and they are very happy - sometimes much moreso than the feeders are  B)

3 hours ago, -js- said:

having never owned a Rottie, I think they get a bad rap because of the ones who have them for reasons other than as a pet, if you know what I'm saying.  the folks who train them to be aggressive etc I think are the cause of the misinformation, perception, and "knee-jerk" reactions of many who have not had them as pets. * * again, just MHO as someone who's never owned one.

Agree 100%

20170723_081053.jpg

• Like 1