Klipsch KP-600 Eye Candy

jwc

3 hours ago, jwc said:

Thing is.....there was 2 different midrange versions.  I have the later single 1132 driver version....when the earlier versions were with dual K60s on a manifold.

So does the posted passive work for both versions....without modifications?

Hey JC!!,

I would have to go out and look at the crossover with the dual K-60s, it would be a lot easier to ask Kevin as his one pair of stacks has the 1132s and his other pair is dual K-60s. So did you buy the entire rig?? Are you planning on running the whole thing or?? It is very nice that you can share this passion with your son, Any plans on attending Pilgramige again this year??

Rog

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

WoW...... Just WoW.....

and I couldn't think of a better choice of amp to drive that set-up.... You would make Bob proud;)

MKP :-)

I guess you mean Bob Carver.  Sorry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Hey JC!!,

I would have to go out and look at the crossover with the dual K-60s, it would be a lot easier to ask Kevin as his one pair of stacks has the 1132s and his other pair is dual K-60s. So did you buy the entire rig?? Are you planning on running the whole thing or?? It is very nice that you can share this passion with your son, Any plans on attending Pilgramige again this year??

Rog

I haven't decided what to do with all of it.

Bob McTyeire took great care of this stuff.   I have 2 stacks in the cave....and not sure what I'm gonna do with the rest.  I'm going through it slowly.  I have 20  carver amps and two have issues. 

The XO is a PITA to deal with really and I thought it would be wise to change out the caps..  They are 30 years old.  Bob upgraded everything he had to keep it as modern as available through Klipsch, Whirlwind and Carver.   Not sure of the XO's though.  

15 minutes ago, jwc said:

I haven't decided what to do with all of it.

Bob McTyeire took great care of this stuff.   I have 2 stacks in the cave....and not sure what I'm gonna do with the rest.  I'm going through it slowly.  I have 20  carver amps and two have issues. 

The XO is a PITA to deal with really and I thought it would be wise to change out the caps..  They are 30 years old.  Bob upgraded everything he had to keep it as modern as available through Klipsch, Whirlwind and Carver.   Not sure of the XO's though.  

Just got off the phone with a mutual buddy of ours, heard your son and you are stopping by this weekend for a visit, man am I jealous! Hope you have a ball dude and maybe you can check out thatcross-over question first hand!  :D

Did you get the KP-600 ECs??

Rog

1 minute ago, jwc said:

yes

JC,

That is AWESOME dude! They are hens teath to come by and I heard Bob had somebody work on his so that the outputs are within 1% of each other, I guess they weren't that good the way they came stock, but it is great that you got a set, and even better that it was his set!  :D Eat plenty of BBQ this weekend, and if by chance you guys think of it, raise a glass to me! I will be wishing I was there with you!  :D

Rog

3 minutes ago, jwc said:

Here is my way of doing it w/o the electronic crossover.  Works well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8ZMwzdd9ZY

JC,

Thanks for the link dude! Am I considered brain dead if I was surprised by your choice to play Funk? Never heard if you are going to try to come to Pilgramige this year? You and your son still need to meet my daughter Kimberly, she is a Senior this year and 18 years old. I held her back a year when she was going to start Kindergarden as she was only old enough by 1 week and I did not want her physically, socially and mentally behind the other kids by a whole year for 12 years, plus I saw it as an opportunity to keep her home an extra year!  :D She got to play with the DaViche robot last year as she wants to become a Pediatric Surgeon. She wants to start next year at Bowling Green as they have the FBI forensics lab there and the instructor lets students work on his old cases that he has solved, so it looks like 2 years there, OSU to finish pre-med, the Kansas. I told her that maybe she would meet some boys with some ambition in Med School, instead of these Sony PlayStation Players!  :D

Rog

2 minutes ago, jwc said:

Awesome...I hope to make it.  We are down a physician here....so my call schedule got worse.

If you look below the red dots....those are the EC's in the cave.

KP-EC-hack.jpg

JC,

I like all that Carver Amplification of Bobs in your Garage, but all of that Mac gear in your cave is just a beautiful thing. Did you get to listen to Kevins stacks with the single 1802 horn sub?? I hate to say it, but it KILLS the pair of KP-680 subs!, It is also a beautiful thing!  :D Well, I am sure you have plenty to do, thanks for letting me take up your time and have a blast this weekend!  :D

Rog

The "subs" that come with the KP-600s are not low hitters.  They are snappy though and not flubby.  Mine do very little under 50Hz.  I've heard the 1802....very nice.....But I won't be squeezing one or two of those in the cave.

I have a modded (reversible) 684s that does just fine.

• Thanks 1

Really, really nice but I think the quad stacks of MCM/MWM's I looked at this weekend would take it though.  He had all the gear to run it as well but I was not familiar with the amplifier brand but there were a lot of them.  For $4500 it was one hell of a system I don't have the room for it.