Klipsch KP-600 Eye Candy

jwc

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jwc said:

That is exactly what they need.  In addition.....they are back "home" where they were made and with the maker.

Awesome donation to the Museum JC.

I heard one of the "makers" of that system @Chief bonehead was conferring with  another maker, Curator Jim Hunter, to figure out how to fly them 30' in the air at the Museum Steam Generating Plant Building located at the Hope Airport.

A lot more information and photos to follow, just wanted to thank JC in his own thread without mucking it up too much.

Travis

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

If not a K46, there may be concerns of the "fit".  These drivers sit right on the side handles.  I actually had to loosed the handle to get the driver in there then tighten later.  You CAN NOT remove the handle then put the driver in there.  You will never be able to install the handle.  That handle has a mix and match set of screws too.  Some longer than others.

20190106_175828.jpg

28 minutes ago, jwc said:
28 minutes ago, jwc said:

If not a K46, there may be concerns of the "fit".  These drivers sit right on the side handles.  I actually had to loosed the handle to get the driver in there then tighten later.  You CAN NOT remove the handle then put the driver in there.  You will never be able to install the handle.  That handle has a mix and match set of screws too.  Some longer than others.

I bought Michael Colter's stacks and I am working on overhauling them. I'm looking for replacements for a few k46/1546 drivers.

I do have one k-45/1545 in there. I have all new 18's recommended per Klipsch k-47-ep2 part#121812 to install and I'm looking to match the 4 15" drivers. I don't know if Klipsch would have old stock, or recommend a newer driver that they sell like the "k-1545-k" maybe as an updated replacement? I would like them to match and be Klipsch approved.1263244901_KP6001.jpg.a59f767bb419406d077b45155cc77304.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 1/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, dwilawyer said:

I heard one of the "makers" of that system @Chief bonehead was conferring with  another maker, Curator Jim Hunter, to figure out how to fly them 30' in the air at the Museum Steam Generating Plant Building located at the Hope Airport.

That should be happening next week. We're going for a work week, curtains, painting and moving stuff again, a lift is needed for the curtains so it will be used to fly the speakers. 

If it doesn't work you will see it in the news, " people crushed by a giant speaker" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 2/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, dtel said:

That should be happening next week. We're going for a work week, curtains, painting and moving stuff again, a lift is needed for the curtains so it will be used to fly the speakers. 

If it doesn't work you will see it in the news, " people crushed by a giant speaker" 

It better work, LOL.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, dtel said:

Never realized the pictures were not here.

Hard to find sets in that good of condition.  Check out those fly bars!  The straps that came with that set .....that hook to the fly bars are so cool.  They say Klipsch on them and were custom.  They didn't use them in this setup (they used chains)....Hunter probably has them hidden somewhere 😃

• Like 2