Klipsch KP-600 Eye Candy

jwc

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bill W. said:
2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

where is this setup ?

Inside the Klipsch Education Center at the Hope AR airport

Correct, right across the street from the hanger for the airport, it's on the airport property.

We have worked there for days and they averaged maby one plane takeoff or land in 3-4 days. Last time we were there someone was using the landing strip to play with there RC planes, no traffic at all.  And at one time this was one of the busiest airports in the country, mostly because of the military. Air Force One even landed there once.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Municipal_Airport

Red brick building behind the hanger to the left. 

hope-airport-album.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Might help control a problem until a permanent fix is done.

It's kind of from different parts of the ceiling, for now there is garbage cans to catch water if it leak's more. That may be a better option than garbage cans. 

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

That would be sad after all the work you've put into it.

Yes, but less work was put into that building than the new building that was bought, no leaks at the new building at least. The city needs to fix it, the rent is really very cheap but without fixing it they will be sitting with an empty building. Without fixing it who would ever want to use it, but things move slow with local politicians in a small town.

I am not going to be part of trying to fix that roof, for me it's to high to play around with. I had 2 rules with helping the museum, I don't get on roofs or under buildings, no exception. I 'm not scared of heights, it's just not worth it to me. As far as under a building, I don't like spiders and not crazy being under a 100 year old building no matter how solid it feels. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Well it looks like something is going to happen with the roof, the city has approved a bid from someone ($$$) to redo the roof. In the meantime they will give us a place in the airport hanger to store whatever we want to keep dry until the roof is finished.

I am hoping this get's the place dry, we will see. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 8:08 PM, dtel said:

Well it looks like something is going to happen with the roof, the city has approved a bid from someone ($$$) to redo the roof. In the meantime they will give us a place in the airport hanger to store whatever we want to keep dry until the roof is finished.

I am hoping this get's the place dry, we will see. 

these old buildings  are  worth fixing ------roofs last 20 years ---

• Moderators
On 3/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, RandyH000 said:

these old buildings  are  worth fixing ------roofs last 20 years ---

Yes they are and this one seems solid except for the leaks. It was built as a steam generating plant, I think for the military, there were steam generators in that building, you can see on the floor where they were in the building. Probably why they had such tall windows that could open to help let heat out ?

On one end there is what we call the pit. It's a rectangle hole of thickly framed cement going down around 10' deep with a metal ladder in the side to climb down. It then goes off towards the airport, it was said to have went all the way to the airport and had different sections built in it to be used for other things and as ways to get around the airport. It was said to have been blocked off since it was not being used and kids was playing down there.  

Over the pit which now holds some water we built a platform over the hole so we could cover it and to have more space. We put a door on hinges to the right of handrail to climb down the ladder, it's solid. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Municipal_Airport

"When the airport was completed it had the third longest runway in the United States. Opening day festivities were postponed because of the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. The Army Air Force Proving Ground Command 616th Army Air Corps Detachment used the facility primarily to test ammunition during World War II."

museum steam building-15-1 copy.jpg

• 1 year later...