Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
jwc

Klipsch KP-600 Eye Candy

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, jwc said:

That is exactly what they need.  In addition.....they are back "home" where they were made and with the maker.

Awesome donation to the Museum JC.

 

I heard one of the "makers" of that system @Chief bonehead was conferring with  another maker, Curator Jim Hunter, to figure out how to fly them 30' in the air at the Museum Steam Generating Plant Building located at the Hope Airport.

 

A lot more information and photos to follow, just wanted to thank JC in his own thread without mucking it up too much.

 

Travis

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.  The bottom right was a "frozen" K46.  I swapped it out for a working one.  All 4 curve about the same now.  Soldered in place.

 

Ready to put covers on. 

20190129_123638.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, jwc said:

So.  The bottom right was a "frozen" K46.  I swapped it out for a working one.  All 4 curve about the same now.  Soldered in place.

 

 

@Chief bonehead Are k-46 drivers available or is there an alterative driver that can be used in the KP600s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If not a K46, there may be concerns of the "fit".  These drivers sit right on the side handles.  I actually had to loosed the handle to get the driver in there then tighten later.  You CAN NOT remove the handle then put the driver in there.  You will never be able to install the handle.  That handle has a mix and match set of screws too.  Some longer than others.

 

20190106_175828.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jwc said:
28 minutes ago, jwc said:

If not a K46, there may be concerns of the "fit".  These drivers sit right on the side handles.  I actually had to loosed the handle to get the driver in there then tighten later.  You CAN NOT remove the handle then put the driver in there.  You will never be able to install the handle.  That handle has a mix and match set of screws too.  Some longer than others.

 

I bought Michael Colter's stacks and I am working on overhauling them. I'm looking for replacements for a few k46/1546 drivers.

I do have one k-45/1545 in there. I have all new 18's recommended per Klipsch k-47-ep2 part#121812 to install and I'm looking to match the 4 15" drivers. I don't know if Klipsch would have old stock, or recommend a newer driver that they sell like the "k-1545-k" maybe as an updated replacement? I would like them to match and be Klipsch approved.1263244901_KP6001.jpg.a59f767bb419406d077b45155cc77304.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoeM38 said:

@Chief bonehead Are k-46 drivers available or is there an alterative driver that can be used in the KP600s?

Not available anymore but the k45 ought to work really well. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

Not available anymore but the k45 ought to work really well. 

If you say it's good than it's good.

Thank you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could trade places and be anyone else.. Id want to be you 😈 Its fort Knox but better!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, dwilawyer said:

I heard one of the "makers" of that system @Chief bonehead was conferring with  another maker, Curator Jim Hunter, to figure out how to fly them 30' in the air at the Museum Steam Generating Plant Building located at the Hope Airport.

That should be happening next week. We're going for a work week, curtains, painting and moving stuff again, a lift is needed for the curtains so it will be used to fly the speakers. 

 

If it doesn't work you will see it in the news, " people crushed by a giant speaker" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If it doesn't work you will see it in the news, " people crushed by a giant speaker" 


I wanted to “like” this post but somehow it seems inappropriate.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, dtel said:

That should be happening next week. We're going for a work week, curtains, painting and moving stuff again, a lift is needed for the curtains so it will be used to fly the speakers. 

 

If it doesn't work you will see it in the news, " people crushed by a giant speaker" 

It better work, LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...