Forte III or RF-7 II/III

11 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

@Maximus89, thanks for the detailed info that will likely help many.   Btw, nice setup.  CARVER ZR amps, haven't seen those for a long time.   Intersting to stack flooratanders on top of subs.   Never seen that done in person anyhow.  

That’s actually Born2RockU’s place and living room movie set up with another pair of RF-7 III’s as surrounds and the matching center as a rear 6th surround mounted directly above his listening position. 

Only thing that are mine are the Chorus II that I took over there for a fun shoot out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Roger.  Either way, props to born2rock for a clean looking setup 

Absolutely.  He's got a beautiful home. Here's a full shot so you can see the rear. Open wall to the large kitchen so that rear center above the listening position really helps with nearfield and it sounds lovely. So smooth. Don't remember those speakers against the fireplace but he was selling them that day.

I had bugged him about trying to pry away his Klipschorns from him because i had once brought LSi splits over there with the stock AL network and we compared to his LS with Dean's networks and i was blown away at the difference and then i heard his DeanG'd Klipschorns and it just wasn't fair.   Now i have my own DeanG'd Klipschorns and i'm going over there soon to hear his R-C-L Jubilee set up and i'll probably start dreaming of the Jubes when i walk out of there as he says they completely blow away the Klipschorns. 

370.JPG

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

So when will Klipsch release the 3 way FR-X-Twin 10's?  It's overdue Señor Bonehead.

Yeah I can say that, I'm Hispanic. ;)

I'm a Lascala owner considering a Double Vertical Doghouse with two 15's but I'm not convinced it will perform as intended.  Think along the lines of an RF-7III with Forte  Mid sound.

Edited by CAMike

12 hours ago, CAMike said:

So when will Klipsch release the 3 way FR-X-Twin 10's?  It's overdue Señor Bonehead.

Yeah I can say that, I'm Hispanic. ;)

Think along the lines of an RF-7III with Forte  Mid sound.

You mean like the KLF-20? 

Had Forte's (OK; "only" version 1) and was not impressed :(  Replaced them with CF-3's (similar to KLF-20) and so far pretty pleased.  But ... to get real sound, take a look at @MenloBob ' s "KLF-510's" ... pic from him copied below :D 

79ABE84A-C52D-411A-A7C4-62DB2C89C025.jpeg

3 hours ago, CAMike said:

True enough!  Good point.

But I can hope for a price point towards the middle, between the RF-7III and Palladium prices. 

The same design crew in Indy did the RF7 series and the Palladiums. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The same design crew in Indy did the RF7 series and the Palladiums. 

Excellent background information Ceptorman, thanks.  Maybe there isn't a big enough target market for a tower in the $3000 to $4000 per unit range. 

7 hours ago, CAMike said:

True enough!  Good point.

But I can hope for a price point towards the middle, between the RF-7III and Palladium prices. 

I think a pair of KLF-20's with the Crites A55-g and DaveA's MAHL w/ CT-120 tweeter would a truly fine speaker all off the shelf parts personally I'd go with the dual 12's of the 30's great speakers even stock but some very nice modifications available. 

3 hours ago, CAMike said:

Excellent background information Ceptorman, thanks.  Maybe there isn't a big enough target market for a tower in the $3000 to $4000 per unit range. 

That's a tough one. I believe the US economy wasn't nearly as strong when the Palladiums came out(2008/2009) as it is now. I think an updated RF/Palladium line would sell better now. Maybe something is in the works.