That Metal Show

Speed

I really miss this show, it's been cancelled. It was on VH1 Classic, and was all about classic rock. Always had guest rock stars on, and would talk about music for an hour. Always watched it on weekend mornings, with a cup of coffee...

• Like 2

I was hoping it would be back, I kept looking but never saw an update. I would DVR all the episodes, I really liked this show. My favorite part was Stump the Trunk....Eddie sure knew his stuff. It was nice hearing from the rock legends about old stories.

• Like 2

and I also liked Steve Stevens ..

another great guitarist...

Who showed up a local store here

a few years back...

Herkimer native dates rock star and stars in ‘Married to Rock’

HIDE CAPTION
A.J. Celi, of Herkimer, is featured in E!'s newest reality series "Married to Rock" with her boyfriend Billy Duff, of The Cult. Her father is Charlie Celi, of Forever Leather.

By CASSAUNDRA BABER
Posted Nov 16, 2010 at 12:01 AMUpdated Nov 16, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Herkimer native Angela Celi’s life with boyfriend Billy Duffy, of The Cult, now is being filmed for E!’s newest reality show “Married to Rock,” which airs at 10:30 p.m. Sundays.

With Def Leppard lighting up the TV screen, 7-year-old Angela (A.J.) Celi turned to her mother and asked: “Mom, why didn’t you marry a rock star?”

Call it fate, said the Herkimer native, whose life with boyfriend Billy Duffy, of The Cult, now is being filmed for E!’s newest reality show “Married to Rock,” which airs at 10:30 p.m. Sundays.

“I think our lives would be so much more interesting,” Celi recalled saying to her mother more than two decades ago.

Considering Celi’s father is local infomercial personality Charlie Celi, of Forever Leather, marrying a rock star might have been the only way for her to make things “much more interesting.”

The reality show follows Angela Celi and her boyfriend Duffy, as well as Susan Holmes McKagan, who is married to Duff McKagan of Guns n Roses; Etty Farrell and Jane’s Addiction’s Perry Farrell, and Josie Stevens, who is married to guitarist Steve Stevens.

While sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll might sometimes find their way into the mix — it is a show about rock stars, after all, Angela Celi said — the show really follows four friends who share a common bond juggling “family life, careers and sometimes their own wild side all while living in the spotlight with their rock ‘n’ roll men,” according to E!.

“It’s really a backstage pass to our lives,” said Angela Celi, the VIP director of Playhouse Nightclub in Hollywood. “You see us on the side of the stage, and you get to see the nice parts — the families and children, our relationships in the house. You get to crawl into bed with us.”

Charlie Celi, who appeared on a few episodes called his daughter “a straight shooter, down-to-earth kind of girl” and “stands behind” the show and how the women are portrayed.

“The thing about his show is when you first meet (the rock-star wives), you think ‘oh my God,’ and then when you get to know them you realize the show isn’t about that — it’s not about sex, drugs and rock n roll,” Charlie Celi said. “These are families and stable lives.”

The show will dismantle all the misconceptions and stereotypes people have ever had about rock-star girlfriends and wives, Angela Celi said.

Don’t expect hair pulling, name calling and cat fights among these women, she said. E! chose the women mostly because of their close bond, she said.

“They wanted everyone to be friends and have everyone’s back. For us girls in the rock community, it’s a very small group of people and everyone knows everyone,” she said. “We’re more battling with the outside world, because we’re different and we’re fun and we’re outrageous. You have to be protected a lot of times, and if you don’t have your girls, who do you have?”

4 minutes ago, Speed said:

First time I seen him play, I was amazed. It will be interesting to see, if he ever creates his own band...

I felt the same way when I seen him.

preform...on the show....he does

have his own music out...but I don't

have any of it..

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+5&oq=john+5&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i60j0l12&sourceid=silk&ie=UTF-8#mie=gt,Albums,john 5,H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MCyML6_MesToyi3w8sc9YSmbSWtOXmM04-IKzsgvd80rySypFNLgYoOy5Lj4pJC0aTBI8XAh8XkAV-RpIFYAAAA

12 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It was nice hearing from the rock legends about old stories.

:rolleyes:. I liked when the girl ( Jennifer, I believe )  flipped the board, and they would debate, top 5 band or song topics. Can't remember the correct segment name... 

First time I seen him play, I was amazed. It will be interesting to see, if he ever creates his own band...

John 5 has his own band and has recorded at least two records. It’s all instrumental music that showcases his style. He and his band tour small venues throughout the country when he is not on tour with Rob Zombie. My friend saw his band live and said he was incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Drewg said:

John 5 has his own band and has recorded at least two records. It’s all instrumental music that showcases his style. He and his band tour small venues throughout the country when he is not on tour with Rob Zombie. My friend saw his band live and said he was incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I'll be listening, to see if he ever plays near me...