Just ordered RF-7II, did I make a mistake?

bkevind

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums @Nhpm510z!  Yes this hobby is fun but hanging out in the forums will cause you to likely spend more money.  We tend to be great at spending other people's money.  :lol:

The RF-82 II are excellent speakers for sure. 

The RF-7 II are a significant improvement over the RF-82 II. 

The LaScalas are a significant improvement over the RF-7 II. 

The Khorns are a significant improvement over the LaScalas.

Do you see where I'm going with this?  No matter what you have, there will always be something "Bigger / Better".  You have to find out what you are content with.  If it sounds awesome to you, sit back and enjoy what you have.  If you come across a sweet deal (like the $500 Khorns this forum member just picked up yesterday), then upgrade and you will have little to no money out of pocket.  If you're find a "Youthman Deal", you will be able to upgrade, sell what you have, and have money in your pocket. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Youthman said:

Welcome to the forums @Nhpm510z!  Yes this hobby is fun but hanging out in the forums will cause you to likely spend more money.  We tend to be great at spending other people's money.  :lol:

I thought it was part of the charter of members in this forum?   :D

Contentment is only a state of mind until you find something better.

Nhpm510z Try to stay off the upgrade roller coaster unless as Youthman said, it is cost effective.

10 hours ago, Youthman said:

The RF-82 II are excellent speakers for sure. 

The RF-7 II are a significant improvement over the RF-82 II. 

The LaScalas are a significant improvement over the RF-7 II. 

The Khorns are a significant improvement over the LaScalas.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and advice. I am somewhat new to the Klipsch family, and sound, but enjoying every minute of it. When you score some of your own $500 Khorns be sure to share the wealth and make me a good deal on one of those extra pairs of 7s you have!

4 hours ago, pzannucci said:

I thought it was part of the charter of members in this forum?   :D

Contentment is only a state of mind until you find something better.

Nhpm510z Try to stay off the upgrade roller coaster unless as Youthman said, it is cost effective.

I'll need to find my Klipsch nirvana state in order to understand contentment-- hmmm, good idea, perhaps I'll go listen to some Nirvana to try and induce it!

(perhaps I should have read the charter before joining the forum!)

3 hours ago, Nhpm510z said:

I'll need to find my Klipsch nirvana state in order to understand contentment-- hmmm, good idea, perhaps I'll go listen to some Nirvana to try and induce it!

(perhaps I should have read the charter before joining the forum!)

You'll fit in well here.

• Moderators
On 10/14/2017 at 9:37 PM, bkevind said:

I see I've put myself out there enough with my comments to be worthy of some ball busting :D

I think I will be more thoughtful with my words in the future.

No problem, don't worry about it, correct or not someone will have an opinion in every direction, your going to fit in well. Good looking room, cool stand and light fixture. :emotion-21:

On 10/23/2017 at 12:25 PM, bkevind said:

Don't mind the mess...4 kids and two tired parents :D

Looks good, you should see this place when the grandkids are in full swing. 

On 10/21/2017 at 9:32 AM, bkevind said:

This is just a multipurpose family space, so it's not going to get much better - no treatments etc.

Same here, also completely open to the kitchen and dining room.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:37 PM, bkevind said:

Now what if the plastic horn in the rf-7II does resonate at particular frequencies that does not contribute to a positive result?  This seems to be a measurable occurrence, and perhaps shows in the measurements that have been taken.  Is this a design intent or more so an accounting reality?  I dunno.  

I have no idea either, but I do know they use the anechoic chamber to design and test speakers, so if there is any problem with the plastic horn they would know what it's doing and if it's a problem.

I love my big plastic horns :D

pilgrimage_2017-001_(59).JPG

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Youthman said:

No matter what you have, there will always be something "Bigger / Better".  You have to find out what you are content with.  If it sounds awesome to you, sit back and enjoy what you have. 

Exactly, wait you say there is bigger and better ? :huh: Just kidding, being content is highly underrated, just enjoy the music and movies.

One thing to remember every forum member here and on other audio forums is into this stuff, and I would bet has a better setup than 99% of people in general. (not counting the bose forum)

• Haha 1