Forte II with Marantz 2238b

Erodr133

Hi All!

So I was lucky enough to make a deal on a pair of Forte II's in my local area for a ridiculously low price. I'm picking them up tomorrow and from the pictures I've seen they are in pristine condition. I've heard nothing but great things about these speakers so I'm excited to try it out. Does anybody here have any experiences with Klipsch Forte II's with Marantz Receivers? I currently have a Marantz 2238b that I use in my system and I'm wondering if it'll pair well with the Forte's. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

They will be fabulous together! You will be amazed.

I really hope so! I've heard so many great things about these speakers on different forums. It's funny, they all start with "You know I really hate horn speakers but...". I know Forte's pair really well with tube systems but I'm really happy with my Marantz. My current system now (I'm unable to edit "my system" on my profile) is a Technics SL-1400 MK1 with a Audio Technics AT440mlb, a Marantz 2238b and Klipsch KG4's. The KG4's are great value receivers but my ears prefer more detail and accuracy that I feel is lacking in the 2-way KG4's. I listen to vinyl mostly but every so often I'll plug my Fiio in and play some high rez FLAC's

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but ... just got a pair of "mint" Forte's.  Look like new (walnut) but sound is inferior to my Cornwall I's (as expected) but also to my KG4's (disappointed). Ordered Crites' tweeter titanium upgrades and will let you know if this improved the sound. Thinking about mid-range Ti upgrades ... but Bob Crites said I had to "modify" the crossovers for this :(  Comments?

Thanks, Emile

Hi Randal,

Usually popping sounds are the result of a bad connection - in the cable, speakers, or your amp. After checking your speaker wiring and it's OK, easiest next step (if you have another pair of speakers) is to hook those up. If the problem gone it's IN your Heresy's and you'll have to open them up to check for bad connections.  (If it still pops it's your Marantz :( )

Randal,

Reread your post ... it said "REMOTE." If you have them hooked up wireless, try changing the channel. (Had the same problem with my rear KG5.2 speakers on a RocketFish wireless connection. Changing the channel solved my problem.)