Oppo BDP 105D

USNRET

On another forum a member was asking to buy a 105D and I responded.

I asked $800.00 for it with all factory items; box, remote, un-used wifi adapter, manual
Just listing here for anyone interested.
No dedicated photos at this time but it is mar / scratch/ bump free
If I were to sell I would go with the Oppo 205 just because I have had all the leading Oppos since the -80

McIntosh Sept.jpg

For anyone considering this unit, the 105D is superb, and as most know, OPPO customer service and support is great.  I personally own one of these and it has performed flawlessly.  It also has a terrific DAC built in, which in case you want to use the USB input for music from a PC or elsewhere is a very nice feature to have.

6 hours ago, USNRET said:

On another forum a member was asking to buy a 105D and I responded.

I asked $800.00 for it with all factory items; box, remote, un-used wifi adapter, manual
Just listing here for anyone interested.
No dedicated photos at this time but it is mar / scratch/ bump free
If I were to sell I would go with the Oppo 205 just because I have had all the leading Oppos since the -80

McIntosh Sept.jpg

What a great picture and set up. Will a McIntosh BRP be filling the gap?

Edit: I see you're getting the 205

• 5 months later...

@whatever55 I have a good friend who purchased a 105D from Magnolia last month. Demo with no box or wireless dongle. Also has 4 year transferrable warranty from Magnolia. He used it for cds and then bought a 205. He is calling Oppo today to see if box is available. Final price depends on box availability. Interested?

4 hours ago, USNRET said:

I am strongly considering selling but I need a 4K TV and the $$ to buy one.

I am so sorry for posting all those links to 105 sales.:o  I thought your 105 was sold.:unsure:

Please forgive me.

Bill

54 minutes ago, willland said:

I am so sorry for posting all those links to 105 sales.:o  I thought your 105 was sold.:unsure:

Please forgive me.

Bill

No worries Bill, I am over it. Actually nothing to get over.

5 hours ago, USNRET said:

@whatever55 I have a good friend who purchased a 105D from Magnolia last month. Demo with no box or wireless dongle. Also has 4 year transferrable warranty from Magnolia. He used it for cds and then bought a 205. He is calling Oppo today to see if box is available. Final price depends on box availability. Interested?

Can you ask him how the 105D compares to the 205  audio wise please.  Did he go to the 205 for the 4K features ?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, whatever55 said:

Can you ask him how the 105D compares to the 205  audio wise please.  Did he go to the 205 for the 4K features ?

Thanks

His texts

video about the same, hasn’t tried 4k

soundstage is more pronounced 

amazing detail

52 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I just found this !!!!!

https://www.oppodigital.com/farewell.aspx

@whatever55 so with Oppo closing down I will order a 205 if you buy my 105D as long as the 205 remains available.

Man, I’m really sad to hear that. They make such great products. I can’t believe they’re closing the doors. Probably because everyone seems to be buying their media digitally these days. I bet these players are going to increase in value. 

Good luck with your sale. I tried playing a 4K movie on an Xbox one S, and preferred the picture from my old Oppo BDP95. Great players. 

For @whatever55 or anyone else interested in a Oppo BDP-105D

Option 1: my friend in Atlanta (known, ate, partied and traded with for 10+ years) has one for sale: $800 net plus shipping

1) purchased last month from Magnolia Design Center as a CD demo unit on one of their McIntosh systems

-has 4 year transferable Magnolia warranty (the transfer and warranty works, I can testify)

-has factory remote and power cord, no manual

-he has ordered box (no markings) from Oppo, shipping tomorrow

-he has ordered wireless dongle recommended by Oppo from Amazon

-he will pack in factory supplied box and overbox then ship at cost including overbox cost; again $800 net

-I did not think to ask about firmware version; I will text now to ask
         -he assures the unit is absolutely mar free

Option 2: my -105D purchased when they came out for $800 net plus shipping. If you want it over boxed, you pay. I get a small UPS discount
          - factory box, manual, power cord, remote, wireless dongle...whatever it came with I have

- perfect condition and has latest service firmware

Interested in mine let me know.

Interested in Greg's let me know and I will give you his contact number (he is a non-klipsch guy sooooooooo)