Looks like a Klipsch Forte ...

jayce996

Hi everyone, 

I've tried recently some old Klipsch Chorus 2 speakers, they sound really great but are a little too big for the room and are not in the right wood for my wife, so she didn't wanted it, she love the Klipsch Heresy look.

So I have had the crazy idea to build my own speakers based on the design and look of the Klipsch Forte speakers which are a little bit smaller than the Klipsch Chorus and would fit perfectly in my room.
Because buying the Klipsch FORTE is more than 5000€ in France which is way too expensive for me.

If we imagine building this speaker based on the dimensions of the Klipsch Forte, what would be your ideas/proposal for building them? At the end this could be an enhanced version "home made" of the FORTE.
- the speaker can be an active one as i have a Beringher 2496 DSP waiting to be used and dedicated power amps associated with my EMOTIVA XMC1 Pre-amp.
- budget max including wood and speakers is 2000€
- no constrain on technology used, speaker horn, push pull, ...

I've good skills in woodworking, electronics & quite handy, so i'm good to go.
What would be your ideas?

One does not simply build Fortes and call them better, tweaks inside the cabinet and even the exact positioning of the passive radiator is very important, and I don't think you can reproduce both.  The midrange horn is magical and the crossover is very good.  You're not going to improve on them with a homemade design.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

I know you said there to big for the room but what if you had someone re-veneer them in a wood your wife would love and look good in the room , it might make a better fit in the room ?..... just an idea the wouldn't change the sound

• 4 weeks later...