Klipsch La Scala's - $1500 (NW Houston)

dirtmudd

Those are mine.  I'll get better photos of all 4 as soon as i can.  I had to use those photos from a few months back b/c they're currently outside of the top bin in order to have easy access to attenuate the tweeter and mids to my liking. Still playing around and didn't want to close them up without settling on a setting. 

1 minute ago, Schu said:

Are all four in that same condition?

Yes except for the plastic corner protector on one pair are ugly and rough but can take them off and the corners are perfect underneath. I’m taking some quick photos but this size limit is a real pain. 

Example of what I mean. The plastic protection for the dog house front edge is perfect on 1 pair and ugly and rough on the other pair. Obviously you can just take them off but I left it on bc I was moving them around and didn’t want to damage that perfect edge

D5ED40F2-3CD8-4324-BBF9-893B29F01237.jpeg

78A0D246-6520-49F6-A500-1183E3F46BC1.jpeg

The other, is used as a center speaker while the other is marked and stuffed in a closet bc it needs a new diaphragm for the K-77 tweeter. I’ve got one from simply speakers that I never put in. 

48A72703-CEA5-4159-815A-D2453E4EBEE6.jpeg

F6C45B24-B555-408B-9C86-3F10E9C9BB0C.jpeg

Thats a peice of tape so I can remember which is the tweeter that needs the diaphragm in case I go getting the top bins mixed up

I have some cheap car speaker wire connecting the new crossovers to the input bc I was too lazy to get anything else. *Oh and the terminals are basically for banana plugs only which I don't have enough of, so I had to tape the speaker cable lol b/c the hole is way too small for speaker cables.  Never got around to ordering more banana plugs..

the one pair with the stock AL crossovers has the fuses in them, I also have the fuse and fuse caps for the new crossover but not being used as I cut that line since not necessary for home use.

Are you trying to upload photos from a computer or from a phone?  If computer, just right click photo and open with Paint, if using Windows, then resize.  If a phone, then, yes....there are lots of apps.  I use "Picture & Photo Resizer" on my Galaxy S7; easy to use.  If a Mac, I have no clue....I avoid them.

• Thanks 1

Copied from the CL listing:

"The pair with home built crossovers based on ALK Universal's schematic are for $1,500, can include the stock AL networks as well. The 2nd pair has the stock AL crossovers and 1 K-77 that needs a new diaphragm(i have one that i can include but needs to be soldered). This 2nd pair can be had for less."

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

Just to clarify, is that $1500 per pair or $1500 for all 4?

$1500 for the one with the new crossovers, $1100 for the AL with a bad diaphragm(Again, I have a replacement unopened that I never got around to installing).  For a veteran forum member, I can do all 4 for $2,300 which places each pair at $1,150. But, veteran forum member only...don't want some guy joining up right now after reading this and PM'ing me with just a few forum posts or a 10/13/17 join date lol...

12 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

For a veteran forum member, I can do all 4 for $2,300 which places each pair at $1,150 each.

I know what you mean, all four averages out for $1150 a pair.  The "each" at the end threw me for a loop there for a minute.  B)

I'm not sure why but Texas people have a hard time finding a deal for Klipsch speakers, maybe because they don't seem to come onto the market that often.   A pair of LSI for $1150 anywhere in the country is a good deal but for Texas it's a great deal.

• Like 1