Klipsch La Scala's - $1500 (NW Houston)

dirtmudd

Just now, wvu80 said:

I know what you mean, all four averages out for $1150 a pair.  The "each" at the end threw me for a loop there for a minute.  B)

I'm not sure why but Texas people have a hard time finding a deal for Klipsch speakers, maybe because they don't seem to come onto the market that often.   A pair of LSI for $1150 anywhere in the country is a good deal but for Texas it's a great deal.

@Maximus89 have you put them on Craigslist yet?  I'm glad you gave your Klipschite brothers first crack at them but not many of us will be able to make the long trip to pick them up and you might get more response locally.

Yes, thanks.  They are now each(pair) up on craigslist and OfferUp.  The goal out there is to maximize profit of course.  But for you guys, $2,300 is the goal to have enough funds for Forte III's.  I know that's not necessarily "Alert" status as i'm sure most were hoping 1,500 for all 4, but I've got my mark to reach as well. 

I am open to trading the lesser value La Scala for a pair of CF-4 version 1's with a little bit of a cash as well.  Wouldn't mind giving those a try for a while and @LeeW says I can come to demo the Forte III at his place some time, so I need to get that situated, though I respect the opinion of many on here and Cory who are really hyping the FIII. 

In the end, the only reason this is even up is because i'm young without my own home, so eventually 4 giant La Scalas isn't practical for someone in my position.

BTW you got that right about the Texas market.  Very strange market over here. You'll see Forte's for up to 1k and Chorus II for up to 1,800 lol.  It's ridiculous. 

37 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

BTW you got that right about the Texas market.  Very strange market over here. You'll see Forte's for up to 1k and Chorus II for up to 1,800 lol.  It's ridiculous. 

I looked at your local CL in Houston.  Exactly as you said Klipsch speakers which might average for $600 most place in the country are routinely listed at $1000.

I think your LS's are very reasonably listed and will be a good pickup for some local buyers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still not a single text or email showing interest in either of my la scalas, is there something im doing wrong or is the market just that dry right now with the holidays coming up?  Maybe i just need better photos since i just assume most should know what they look like just by seeing the front, there's no pretty veneer to show off...it's just such a pain in the *** to carry them out and pose them for photos in better lighting lol..

**i even lowered the price like last week by $400

Interesting.  There are a lot more Klipsch in Houston CL than Austin, and it's not a bad drive.

The La Scala just can't fit into my life anywhere unfortunately.  I guess it's something you'll have to be patient with to find a buyer. :(

If I ever get that big shop built on our bottom lot then, yeah, I'll have a wall of interesting speakers to play with.  That's a few years down the road.

• Like 1