MSM, MSSM, MTM on La Scala Bin

Frzninvt

Would it be silly to use a MSM, MSSM, and MTM on my La Scala's in place of the standard drivers.  I'll have plenty to play with.  Crossover points may be an issue though probably need a custom passive if they don't have them or go active and use three amps.  Just thinking crazy.

2 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

He could not swing the the logistics of getting them to Texas and bowed out.  I am just thinking out loud.  I don't think the WAF works very well though.

$2,595 for each stack in 1980 dollars, so $10,380 worth.  

https://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

$8168.40

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Frzninvt said:

Just thinking crazy.

Nothing wrong with that, a little mix and match sometimes works well.

With that said I did a little mixing but the opposite direction from what you were thinking. I'm always a little backwards anyway. 

I got 2 single MWM bass bins from Mark 1101 years ago to get factory measurements to build 4 single bins for our living room out of red Oak ply.

When I was done building I was trying to think what could be done with them, so I thought yard speakers and started asking questions here as to what crossover points would be needed for a top half ? Well it turns out the top of a split LaScala would work great. So I built 2 tops similar to a split LaScala with the same horns and AA crossovers in the top cabinet. 

They work great, the top half sound of a LaScala but with the extra bass from the MWM for the bottom end. One top for each single bass bin, the extra bass is really helpful for outdoors. A really nice sound for outdoors that can fill a large space easily. 

As long as the crossover points match up why not try it out.

• Like 1