Vaping

A1UC

After smoking for 30 years, I vaped for about a year.  It worked for me.  There was one problem, though.  On occasion, vaping would cause me to have a sore, irritated roof of my mouth.  I looked for information on it, and the best speculation they had was that mouth ulcers seemed to be more common among people who quit smoking.  Hmmmm.  I don't know about that.

Anyway, I gave up vaping after a year, during a bout with the flu.  I couldn't vape anyway, so I decided, "Now is the time."  I gave it up, too.  That was 4 years ago.  Never had any more mouth ulcers since.  

Despite the episodes of having a sore mouth, I credit vaping for helping me get off the cigs, which were doing far worse damage to me.

• Like 1

I went form cigs, to 4mg gum, to cigars, back to gum, then to gum and cigars and finally gave vaping a try.  Just been vaping now for a few years and feel as strongly against smoking now as non vapers feel about vaping.  I don't do it in public though, its strange, kind of goofy and on the taboo side IMO.  I don't like advertising my bad habits and  I never was a walk outside a restaurant  mid dinner person to have a smoke.

• Like 1

I went form cigs, to 4mg gum, to cigars, back to gum, then to gum and cigars and finally gave vaping a try.  Just been vaping now for a few years and feel as strongly against smoking now as non vapers feel about vaping.  I don't do it in public though, its strange, kind of goofy and on the taboo side IMO.  I don't like advertising my bad habits and  I never was a walk outside a restaurant  mid dinner person to have a smoke.

I thought people that vape look goofy , my gf started vaping CBD for pain instead of pills , I started also for anxiety instead of pills . But we do it in private because I know it looks stupid to most people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a strong advocate for Vaping.

It is the best tool to get people to stop smoking.

It is being fought by Big Tobacco because it takes money from them

even though they have their own Vape Division---Like Blu Vape.

Their is no such thing as second hand vape because vape does not

hand in the air like smoke.

Vaper's should be very selective in what they vape

using American Made liquids and not dangerous vape's from

counties like China where they might put dangerous chemicals

into the liquids.

Vaper's face discrimination from people who know nothing

about vaping because it "Looks like Smoking".

Wouldn't you rather have a loved one completely Stop Smoking

and use the best tool to do so, or watch them kill themselves with cigarettes?

If a relative decides to vape instead of smoke, they should be encouraged

instead of ridiculed--they are on the road of stopping smoking.

These drugs to aid in smoking cessation are DANGEROUS.

Big Pharma just wants a piece of the pie.

Read the side effects--Vaping has None of These.

chantix.jpg

I used to run the sound board  for the band at the church we attend.  Did this for several years.  There would be two of us in the booth.  The other guy would be doing all the video for the projection screen and monitors around the campus.  The dude would vape right next to me in the church in the sound booth during the service.  I never thought anything of it.  But thinking back, I can't swear what was in that thing.  Also, his "vaping bong" was this big thing.  Looked like a big flashlight.  I think this might have been early in the vaping craze before the cool looking smaller sleeker ones came out.  Don't even know what you call those things.

3 hours ago, A1UC said:

I thought people that vape look goofy , my gf started vaping CBD for pain instead of pills , I started also for anxiety instead of pills . But we do it in private because I know it looks stupid to most people

I never liked smoking weed, it made me veg. I didn't believe the hype about being a good option for pain relief. I ate small amounts, 3-4 mg when I woke up and didn't have pain for 14 hours. This opposed to starting the day in bed with 2 Norco and water, followed by another 6-8+ more a day depending on what I was doing. It's a catch 22, I can get a script for medical but have to give up my gun license and I love to hunt. If I don't have a card and get tested I get fired because it's a state law but not a federal law. It won't become legal until big Pharm can get their hands in the pie. They don't want a piece, they want it all. They can put the small companies out of business or buy them out. The opposing view is people use pain as an excuse to get high, I'm sure some do. in my case, I don't get high, just laid back and pain free, there is no head buzz, at least in the amounts I eat it

Mark

I never liked smoking weed, it made me veg. I didn't believe the hype about being a good option for pain relief. I ate small amounts, 3-4 mg when I woke up and didn't have pain for 14 hours. This opposed to starting the day in bed with 2 Norco and water, followed by another 6-8+ more a day depending on what I was doing. It's a catch 22, I can get a script for medical but have to give up my gun license and I love to hunt. If I don't have a card and get tested I get fired because it's a state law but not a federal law. It won't become legal until big Pharm can get their hands in the pie. They don't want a piece, they want it all. They can put the small companies out of business or buy them out. The opposing view is people use pain as an excuse to get high, I'm sure some do. in my case, I don't get high, just laid back and pain free, there is no head buzz, at least in the amounts I eat it

Mark

Look into CBD