New brand and forum

Karl Hauer

I just joined the forum looking for some info and feedback.

The R28F, R-25C and R-14S I just purchased are replacing some old Bose equipment (501's, VCS10 and Model100's).

I have a SVS SB-1000 subwoofer and a Harman/Kardon AVR2600 from my old setup and was wondering if some

of the audiophiles on this forum could steer me in the right direction.

The system will be mostly used as a HT and some music listening in a room 20' x 20'.

Do you see a need to upgrade the sub or the AVR and if so, what are your recommendations?

• Like 1

Karl,

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the new Klipsch speakers.

Your sub is fine but you may in the future want to add another larger sub to give you that tactile feel when watching movies.

What kind of budget for a new AVR?

Bill

First article I came across on the AVR2600 is the lackluster audio performance.

If that means bright and thin, that would be a terrible match for your speakers.  You need warm and fill with lots of drive out of the amplifiers.  Something like a lower end Pioneer Elite or something but I am biased.  The Pioneer D3 seems to be a reasonable match for Klipsch's horns and presentation.

Thanks Peter.

A friend of mine recommended a Pioneer Elite as well, the SC91 to be specific.

I'm still a little confused about the needed WPC for my system since there isn't much useful information on the net.

My current AVR has 65 and it seems underpowered for my room.

• 2 weeks later...

After some additional research and a call to Klipsch, I was told to stay within 80% to 100% of the front speaker rating.

Since there is a limited offering of 7.2 channel AVR's that pump out 120 to 150 WPC,

I chose to buy a Marantz SR5011 and an external amp, Emotiva BasX A-300, to power the R-28F's.

Hope to have it all set up and fine tuned by this weekend.