• Moderators
10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I will take that kid who plays the blues...Grew up a few miles from

me...I watched him play at field days.

I'm the late 80s early 90s...

stick that in your pipe and smoke it..

when Keith Richards can 

play like this let me know....

Keef plays rhythm, not lead, and with 5 strings, and with hyper complex tuning. Apple's and Oranges again.

Love Joe.  But I think the sidetrack was about whether the Stones, as a group, had any good songs.  

Who can write the blues, who can sing the blues and who can play blues guitar sounds like about 5 different threads to me.

Travis

My “first” favorite song was a Stones tune.  Get Off of My Cloud.  I was still a kid; but, liked it. My cousin was a hippie in the Bay Area and I heard it playing at her house. 

I saw the Stones at their “farewell” tour back in ’81 at the Los Angeles Coliseum.  A relatively unknown guy named Prince was the opening act and he got booed off stage. From what i hear, he went on to do Ok in the industry though.

I don’t think the Stones are in the horrific category as Bruce Springsteen; but, I don’t particularly enjoy them.  They do have a handful of songs that I like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Keef plays rhythm, not lead, and with 5 strings, and with hyper complex tuning. Apple's and Oranges again.

Love Joe.  But I think the sidetrack was about whether the Stones, as a group, had any good songs.  

Who can write the blues, who can sing the blues and who can play blues guitar sounds like about 5 different threads to me.

Travis

it's school yard talk...we are just

armchair quarterbacks...

having a phallic measuring contest..

all in fun...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

My “first” favorite song was a Stones tune.  Get Off of My Cloud.  I was still a kid; but, liked it. My cousin was a hippie in the Bay Area and I heard it playing at her house. 

I saw the Stones at their “farewell” tour back in ’81 at the Los Angeles Coliseum.  A relatively unknown guy named Prince was the opening act and he got booed off stage. From what i hear, he went on to do Ok in the industry though.

I don’t think the Stones are in the horrific category as Bruce Springsteen; but, I don’t particularly enjoy them.  They do have a handful of songs that I like. 

I was at the concert.  We was wearing the weird underwear under the trench coat and that is when people started booing.

J. Geils was finishing their tour and were popping champagne when they ended their set."

George Throughgood was pretty entertaining.  

And then . . .

The Bass "Duh duh duh do duh" and Under My Thumb starts.  Mind blowing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I was at the concert.  We was wearing the weird underwear under the trench coat and that is when people started booing.

J. Geils was finishing their tour and were popping champagne when they ended their set."

George Throughgood was pretty entertaining.  

And then . . .

The Bass "Duh duh duh do duh" and Under My Thumb starts.  Mind blowing.

we were both at the same concert and you didn’t even say hello?

Just now, dwilawyer said:

I did, you ignored me.

sorry about that ... there were a few people there.

we paid $20 to park at a gas station by the coliseum. The station owner lied and had all the cars pinned in. A VW bug was blocking the exit. About a dozen of us, picked it up and started moving it out of the way. LAPD shows up, rolls down the window and says, “Just don’t leave it in traffic.” 

If you ever listened to LA Sports radio in the past 20 years or so, there is a guy named John Ireland. He also works for the Lakers. One day, he was telling about being at that concert too.

On 10/20/2017 at 5:37 PM, dwilawyer said:

Travis

Joe plays well but the "Blues" part doesn't stick with me like all those other Blues players.

JJK

On 10/20/2017 at 5:37 PM, dwilawyer said:

Travis

I prefer the fripp.....

New standard tuning

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_standard_tuning 

I did not say the stones...did not

have any good songs...

it was the other way..