Jump to content
Jeff Matthews

Max Volume!

Recommended Posts

I just lose it on this....

even more so when heard on a local

radio station....in it's entirely

this as been in heavy rotation

for the last 3 weeks...just listen to the whole album...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disclaimer:  having lost 85% of my hearing, I like all of my music at max volume these days ... wait, maybe that’s what got me in this position :D (not really, Doc told me it’s not from loud music--it’s from Otosclerosis).  New hearing aids tomorrow though :) but had to go to the behind the ear ones this time. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Disclaimer:  having lost 85% of my hearing, I like all of my music at max volume these days ... wait, maybe that’s what got me in this position :D (not really, Doc told me it’s not from loud music--it’s from Otosclerosis).  New hearing aids tomorrow though :) but had to go to the behind the ear ones this time. :(

are they horn loaded....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

are they horn loaded....

sadly, hearing aids suck from a music perspective.  I complained to my doctor and she told me that hearing aids just can’t replace the human ear. But, it beats not hearing anything.  As long as my amp goes to 11, i’m good. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crystal clear records version is much better, bigger, more reverberant and a little faster, but this one was available.  Must peak at about 110 dBc, "fast" with safe and capable speakers.

Copland: Fanfare for the Common Man - BBC Proms 2012 - YouTubeimage.png.f5e39d06048ae9f3242877cee881801e.png

Aug 15, 2012 - Uploaded by BBC

BBC Proms 2012 from the Royal Albert Hall, London. Marin Alsop leads the São Paulo Symphony Orchestra in ...

 

Other versions I didn't ask for:

 

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, garyrc said:

The crystal clear records version is much better, bigger, more reverberant and a little faster, but this one was available.  Must peak at about 110 dB with safe and capable speakers.

Copland: Fanfare for the Common Man - BBC Proms 2012 - YouTubeimage.png.f5e39d06048ae9f3242877cee881801e.png

Aug 15, 2012 - Uploaded by BBC

BBC Proms 2012 from the Royal Albert Hall, London. Marin Alsop leads the São Paulo Symphony Orchestra in ...

 

Other versions I didn't ask for:

 

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

you forgot this one...

it's the one I remember the most...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

 

Carl   R.G. Armstrong looks like 

the future version of you.....lol..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Carl   R.G. Armstrong looks like 

the future version of you.....lol..

Funny guy.

 

Seriously, if there's one band I always play at "11" it's Metallica.  The intro to Sandman will absolutely kick you in the chest if you've got the right gear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CECAA850 said:

Funny guy.

 

Seriously, if there's one band I always play at "11" it's Metallica.  The intro to Sandman will absolutely kick you in the chest if you've got the right gear.

if I can find a picture of R.G.Armstrong holding a martini....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this one at "11."  The thundering and crashing is almost scary.  And Emerson's keyboard just wants to pierce you in the gut.  It's unbelievable how Klipschorns can produce that.  At the end, when your horns have survived, all you can do is go, "Wow!"

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×