Max Volume!

Jeff Matthews

2 hours ago, thebes said:

Good thread. I'm thinking as badly as it's been overexposed, if you own a good stereo could you really play "Stairway to Heaven" at normal volume?

Yes, and to me, Kashmir was better. 

This one I can relate to more betterer. 

And No Quarter 

What did you bring me to keep me from the Gallows Pole. 

• Like 2

If you have a full ten minutes... this song is absolutely amazing at very loud levels. Word of warning, your equipment had better be up to snuff less it catch fire and burn to the ground at 1:38... the waves of distortion and feedback are brain damaging.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

These are some great writers, singers, bands and such, but are they really MAX volume worthy? :huh:

I agree on this.

So, Im not a modern "metal" fan so putting aside those for the moment as they are not my think at any level, there are a few songs I thought were incredible songs, to the point of seeking out the artist for more exploration.  But wouldn't blast em.

Maybe because with those songs you go louder as you become more familar?

21 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I agree on this.

So, Im not a modern "metal" fan so putting aside those for the moment as they are not my think at any level, there are a few songs I thought were incredible songs, to the point of seeking out the artist for more exploration.  But wouldn't blast em.

Maybe because with those songs you go louder as you become more familar?

I agree with your statement that you can go louder as you become more familiar with that particular music or song, especially if it becomes your favorite. I have to ease into max volume. 

I usually only listen at max volume to highlight a certain part of a song, or to highlight how my system plays that part. 

• Like 1

I just lose it on this....

even more so when heard on a local

radio station....in it's entirely

I sang the short lyrics to this to my neighbors loud & hateful rodents yesterday morning. She called them in, knows all of us can only tolerate so much of them when all four do that non-stop for an hour.

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I just lose it on this....

even more so when heard on a local

radio station....in it's entirely

I sang the short lyrics to this to my neighbors loud & hateful rodents yesterday morning. She called them in, knows all of us can only tolerate so much of them when all four do that non-stop for an hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a good time in FL for most of that decade. This dude had an awesome sound system, and it was the most loud concert I'd seen in years and not even since that night twenty years ago.

The BIG

The BADASS

The ONLY Joe Satriani

First disc is my favorite of his, the first I'd heard of him a few years prior.

Can't do this to my rig... gotta find another to turn up higher!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 2