Please help choose the best HT placement for my room

papkung

1 because in 2 the right speaker has no sidewall making it hard to balance.  the long way of the main room is best but option 1 provides balance for the fronts.  you need to treat the wall behind option 1 to absorb reflections coming back....the back wall behind the theater.

On 10/13/2017 at 12:21 AM, RoboKlipsch said:

1 because in 2 the right speaker has no sidewall making it hard to balance.  the long way of the main room is best but option 1 provides balance for the fronts.  you need to treat the wall behind option 1 to absorb reflections coming back....the back wall behind the theater.

How about using option 2 but  separate the room by using thick curtain ?. The room will be only 3.2*3.5 m

44 minutes ago, papkung said:

How about using option 2 but  separate the room by using thick curtain ?. The room will be only 3.2*3.5 m

Option 2 isn't good because of  the reasons RoboKlipsch gave you.  A thick curtain there will absorb some treble, but neither the lowest midrange, nor any bass whatsoever.  My guess is that it will affect nothing below 300 or 400 Hz.  Middle C is  261.6 Hz.   It won't help balance the main speakers.  Having the right front speaker with nothing solid next to it (meaning a rigid wall) while the left front speaker gets a nice wall right next to it is asking for trouble, IMO.  When the upper midrange is equal, the upper bass (100 to 200) won't be, and vice versa.  The non-directional low bass (below about 80 Hz, where the crossover to a good subwoofer would be) should be O.K., if you give the sub a good corner (as in option 1), or do a sub crawl. 

What are the wall surfaces made of?  I'd try option 1, live with it a few weeks, then add some absorption, only if necessary; a little reverb from the larger room may sound good, and "lively."  Or not.  Some diffusion on the wall across the big room directly behind the couch in Option 1, could help.  Shelves with art objects on them are O.K., as are homemade diffusers.  If there is too much reflection (particularly in the dialog), try a mixture of diffusion and  absorption, then finally just absorption, if necessary.  Temporarily hanging blankets, folded to at least double thickness, on that wall across the big room and behind the couch in Option 1 is a good way to experiment.   Trust your ears.

8 hours ago, papkung said:

The left wall is cement wall.

I think I will probably invest a little bit more to separate the room by mirror and install curtain. This can isolate the sound to be not disturb neighbour .

Is it a good idea?

Room4.JPG

"...by mirror?"

Are you in an apartment or a house?

Neighbors are most often bothered by bass going right through walls, closed windows and closed doors.  Bass will not be reduced by a curtain, nor by absorbers.

If you want to prevent a neighbor from hearing your bass, look up sound proofing in a good audio oriented book like Building a Recording Studio by Jeff Cooper.                He has many good suggestions that can be used in the home. There ought to be many good articles online, but make sure they are audio oriented.  Contractors and builders of the "add a room" sort often know next to nothing about sound proofing.  The term "sound proofing" was coined long, long ago, when people had squeaky radios with no bass, and were mainly concerned with preventing the human voice from traveling to other rooms, as in your local motel -- and you know how well that works.

18 minutes ago, papkung said:

i probably separate the room as attached file and also install curtain.

Is it good idea?

images.jpg

O.K., I didn't know about the glass partition.  A thick curtain over all glass surfaces would help control treble and high midrange reflections.  A rug over part of the floor might help, as well.

47 minutes ago, garyrc said:

O.K., I didn't know about the glass partition.  A thick curtain over all glass surfaces would help control treble and high midrange reflections.  A rug over part of the floor might help, as well.

Thank you so much.  I actually think abot separate by thick cement wall but My wife do not like haha  ^^

glass is avoided for theaters...a solid wall there will make a huge difference.

if you took that first pane of glass and convert that to drywall you can fix a lot of symmetry issues and use glass for the rest.

you have never seen a movie theater with glass walls for a reason...they want to absorb reflections and glass has a set of properties that leak bass but reflect higher frequencies badly and unevenly across the spectrum.

if you made it glass you would then want acoustic panels

you need panels anyway for a small room

room looks amazing or at least the mockup does