March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

The Purdue kid with the sign Edwards and Edwards Attorneys at Ball was kinda cool.

Speaking of signs, are they no longer allowed to have the giant faces and what not behind the backboard while the opposing team shoots free throws this year?

I went to IU v. Purdue at Assembly Hall last year and sat in the lower section behind the backboard and there was one of those giant faces already waiting at my seat. Then at halftime they collected them all and took them to the other end of the arena.

The other night I saw some team had a couple of spinning Hypno things that was way more distracting than a face.

You think Isaac Hass looks big on TV. In person, Wow.

Also one of the biggest flops I have seen was last night from the Michigan center..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EmilC said:

It may also extend to the football program.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

I feel for the students at MSU.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

ESPN OTL has reported there have been numerous sexual harassment/rape charges hidden within both the fball and bball programs for many years. Dantonio and Izzo might want be under the gun with these accusations. The domino effect might take effect here from the top down - sounds serious.

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

It may also extend to the football program.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

I feel for the students at MSU.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

The ESPN reporter said it should extend to ALL athletic scholarship programs. 

1 hour ago, Davis said:

The Purdue kid with the sign Edwards and Edwards Attorneys at Ball was kinda cool.

Speaking of signs, are they no longer allowed to have the giant faces and what not behind the backboard while the opposing team shoots free throws this year?

I went to IU v. Purdue at Assembly Hall last year and sat in the lower section behind the backboard and there was one of those giant faces already waiting at my seat. Then at halftime they collected them all and took them to the other end of the arena.

The other night I saw some team had a couple of spinning Hypno things that was way more distracting than a face.

You think Isaac Hass looks big on TV. In person, Wow.

Also one of the biggest flops I have seen was last night from the Michigan center..

I've watched a few games this year and noticed those big face signs.....I think. 

Haas is an animal....7'2" and weighs 290.

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Neil, any idea what sanctions MSU might be looking at? I saw where their President resigned. An ESPN reporter was speculating about them receiving a 5 year ban on any scholarships, starting in 2021, just slightly more than Penn State received.

No clue.  It’s a sad time to be a Spartan.  I’ve sent critical emails to President Simon and the Board of Trustees for months.  It’s difficult to imagine a worse way to handle this from beginnng to end.

But for the courage of Ms. Denhollander, the monster would still be on the loose.

So Diz in today's environment, even with their on campus reputations, will Izzo and Dantonio be able to fend off the inevitable call for their heads? I watched a long piece on Sports Center this morning and I believe the Ms. you mentioned was the interviewers subject. She indeed painted rather bleak and systemic failures for both programs, football in particular. With the Pres. and AD gone there seems little to provide them cover particularly if the Feds become involved. Penn State all over - again?

I think this ordeal is way worse than the PSU coverup, but it is centered around one individual, where PSU had many people covering up what happened. 

I'm thinking Izzo and Dantonio will survive this and stay where they're at, if they want to stay. Their recruiting will probably suffer a lot though.

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think this ordeal is way worse than the PSU coverup, but it is centered around one individual, where PSU had many people covering up what happened. 

I'm thinking Izzo and Dantonio will survive this and stay where they're at, if they want to stay. Their recruiting will probably suffer a lot though.

Way worse? Not even close. There was no coverup

Izzo and Dantonio will be gone even if innocent. Anything to get the media spotlight off of MSU. They have already been convicted in the court of public opinion.

I feel for the students who will have to deal with the taunts just like PSU students had and still have to. 

WVU vs Kentucky: 

The Good:  WVU good enough to lead by 17 in the first half:  :)

The Bad:  WVU bad enough to lose by 7, a 24 point turnaround in the second half.  :blink:

The Ugly:  WVU has now lost 3 out of their last 4 games.  Goodby #2 seed in the NCAA tourney.  :(

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

WVU vs Kentucky: 

The Good:  WVU good enough to lead by 17 in the first half:  :)

The Bad:  WVU bad enough to lose by 7, a 24 point turnaround in the second half.  :blink:

The Ugly:  WVU has now lost 3 out of their last 4 games.  Goodby #2 seed in the NCAA tourney.  :(

--- and the Worse: loosing to an unranked Kentucky team out of the top  25 --

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richieb said:

--- and the Worse: loosing to an unranked Kentucky team out of the top  25 --

AND   ---at home in front of a sold out WVU Coliseum and a prime time ESPN audience.

Thanks for cheering me up...  :wacko:

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

AND   ---at home in front of a sold out WVU Coliseum and a prime time ESPN audience.

Thanks for cheering me up...  :wacko:

I do what I can -

And this a week after dominating KU only to loose in the second half - at home. Huggie Bear must be fit to be tied ?! 

They are a damn good team hitting a tough 4/5 loosing streak. They will be dangerous in every game - 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EmilC said:

Way worse? Not even close. There was no coverup

Izzo and Dantonio will be gone even if innocent. Anything to get the media spotlight off of MSU. They have already been convicted in the court of public opinion.

I feel for the students who will have to deal with the taunts just like PSU students had and still have to. 

They're still investigating to see how much of a coverup actually happened. I think it's worse because there are a lot more athletes involved, and some much younger, one at the age of 6.