March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

45 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

MSU failed to learn from the PSU failures.   MSU failed to identify and remove the evil.  MSU failed in the way it handled the problem after the evil was exposed.  

I watched another hour of ESPN OTL this morning and will be shocked if Dantonio is back next year and can almost see Izzo not making to this years tournament. He seems a little more remorseful while Dantonio is more defiant. When the big money boosters are too embarrassed to pen their checks both coaches will ride the pine. 

The sexual counselor Ms. Alswede gave a scathing interview on what was known and covered up. Seems we are only on the first or second layer of the onion. 

On 1/31/2018 at 8:32 PM, DizRotus said:

Apparently not enough.  Spartans win the predators’ bowl.

My wife is so upset with MSU she has de-Spartaned her car and refuses to fly the flag.

There is allot of separate issues going on at once. I never grasped the depth of ineptitude of the board of trustees. MSU college of medicine malfeasance with young girl gymnast s is proven. How many were apathetically aware or enablers is yet to be determined. Football and basketball are different. Ladies involved are not minors. I was not a scholarship athlete or particularly handsome. Promiscuous ladies did faun over me my senior year. I played dumb and avoided them since I was engaged. Since the beginning of time, anywhere in the world a  single lady unaccompanied by friends is at risk. 

Law enforcement and prosecutor s would not risk their careers and retirement protecting some jock. I am not blaming victims. I have met evil jocks and caution my daughters about self absorbed men with zero empathy. Tinder and the like makes me take pause not to judge too quickly. It takes two to tango in some cases.

18 hours ago, Audio Flynn said:

There is allot of separate issues going on at once. I never grasped the depth of ineptitude of the board of trustees. MSU college of medicine malfeasance with young girl gymnast s is proven. How many were apathetically aware or enablers is yet to be determined. Football and basketball are different. Ladies involved are not minors. I was not a scholarship athlete or particularly handsome. Promiscuous ladies did faun over me my senior year. I played dumb and avoided them since I was engaged. Since the beginning of time, anywhere in the world a  single lady unaccompanied by friends is at risk. 

Law enforcement and prosecutor s would not risk their careers and retirement protecting some jock. I am not blaming victims. I have met evil jocks and caution my daughters about self absorbed men with zero empathy. Tinder and the like makes me take pause not to judge too quickly. It takes two to tango in some cases.

Is ESPN covering the Izzo and Dantonio situations fairly in your opinion?

18 hours ago, EmilC said:

Is ESPN covering the Izzo and Dantonio situations fairly in your opinion?

My concern is what they do not say. I am no fan of campus police. I would rather have state police on campuses not reporting to the university. Campus police filed reports to prosecutor and prosecutor did not press charges in some cases. Most cases were prosecuted and athletes were dismissed from MSU. Coaches and athletic department do not investigate. I infer Hollis at MSU did investigate when it was not his role and therefore may have obstructed justice. Hollis is part of the new self-absorbed culture at MSU. Good that he resigned.

Both coaches dismissed players for violation of team rules in the past 10 years.

Only one statement from Izzo bothers me. That he did not know why Travis Walton left the team. I infer that is a lie which now will cast doubt on other statement s.

ESPN needs to report the details and not lump together separate complex situations.

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Whew!

MSU should take that game as a learning experience.  It's a good thing they were ahead by a couple of buckets at the end because they tried to give it away.  After the bonehead foul and two missed MSU free throws, that last 3/4 court shot by IU was close.

I hate to root against a certain team, and I liked him and the school years ago, but I rather enjoy watching Duke get beat. It's just they have won so much, I'm tired of seeing it. That final game in 2010 against Butler was a heartbreaking loss for a small local school.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I hope MSU gets another crack at Duke this season, but it’s unlikely.  Izzo would love to beat coach K to get that monkey off his back.

At this point in time the Coach K monkey is the least monkey Izzo should concern himself. I'd venture the monkey has turned into the gorilla.