March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I know in a race, if the winning car gets disqualified, the second place car gets the win. It's only fair.

Well, yeah, if you want to use logic and common sense.

But this is the NCAA we're talking about.

21 minutes ago, DizRotus said:
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I'm with Neil I think UNC will win it all:P

The Spartans already beat UNC this year, but they'll be glad to do it again.:lol:

This is the most wide open I've ever seen in college basketball.  Virginia is #1 and my 21st ranked Mountaineers beat them.  There are a LOT of teams who have played great this year. 

The top ranked team in the Big 12 is #6 Texas Tech and they have lost the last two in a row to unranked teams and will play #8 Kansas Tomorrow and #20 WVU on Monday.  TT could be looking at four losses in a row.

It's all going to come down to who's playing hot at the end of the season, and it literally doesn't matter where they're ranked.  And who would that be?  I don't have a clue.

On 2/23/2018 at 6:04 PM, Tarheel said:

I'm with Neil I think UNC will win it all:P

I hate to bring it up but there was an UN-believable ending to the #9 UNC and Miami game tonight.  NC makes an incredible 3-point shot to tie the game with 4 seconds left, then with the clock running Miami shoots a contested, desperation 3-pointer just past half court with no time left for the win.

And what's wrong with Oklahoma?  Baylor crushed them tonight by 23 and it could have been worse.  My favorite player OK's Trae Young can't shoot like he did earlier in the year.  I bet he's injured and they are not talking about it.  I'm thinking OK may not make the Big Dance unless they win a couple of games in the Big 12 tournament.

#3 Duke lost yesterday, my #19 Mountaineers beat #6 Texas Tech, sort of.  TT was without 3 starters so it wasn't a true test for WVU. 

I was thinking about picking Duke as a hot late-season team, and if not them then the Tarheels but that would make me wrong again.  I guess you have to go with the numbers, Virginia and Michigan State have the two best records.  After that anybody can beat anybody.

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I hate to bring it up but there was an UN-believable ending to the #9 UNC and Miami game tonight.  NC makes an incredible 3-point shot to tie the game with 4 seconds left, then with the clock running Miami shoots a contested, desperation 3-pointer just past half court with no time left for the win.

And what's wrong with Oklahoma?  Baylor crushed them tonight by 23 and it could have been worse.  My favorite player OK's Trae Young can't shoot like he did earlier in the year.  I bet he's injured and they are not talking about it.  I'm thinking OK may not make the Big Dance unless they win a couple of games in the Big 12 tournament.

#3 Duke lost yesterday, my #19 Mountaineers beat #6 Texas Tech, sort of.  TT was without 3 starters so it wasn't a true test for WVU. 

I was thinking about picking Duke as a hot late-season team, and if not them then the Tarheels but that would make me wrong again.  I guess you have to go with the numbers, Virginia and Michigan State have the two best records.  After that anybody can beat anybody.

Houston we have a problem.  WVU80 rambled on about 9 different basketball teams and not once did he mention the mightiest, most storied team that brings tenacity and overwhlming force to the court, and yes I mean Kansas.  He plainly has lost his mind, or been putting something in all that coffee.  Kansas for the win.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Virginia and Michigan State have the two best records.  After that anybody can beat anybody.

IMO, including them, any of the top 25 can beat, or lose to, anybody.  That said, betting against Izzo in March or April is not wise.  He has consistently demonstrated an ability to prepare for the next opponent during the short turnaround of tournament time.

I hope Izzo gets another crack at — “Pat I’d like to buy a vowel” — Krzyzewski.

9 hours ago, vasubandu said:

not once did he mention the mightiest, most storied team that brings tenacity and overwhlming force to the court, and yes I mean Kansas.  He plainly has lost his mind, or been putting something in all that coffee.  Kansas for the win.

Kansas has their worst team in years according to their critics, having lost several games early in the season  They are terrible this year and this was the year another team would win the Big 12.  All Kansas did was win the Big 12 for the 14th straight year and they are picked to be a #1 seed for the Big Dance.

I'm a Big 12 homer so I try not to to overdo it with Big 12 cheer leading, but yes, Kansas looks good. 

WVU can beat them.  B)

Sparty plays the Badgers tomorrow at MSG.  MSU prevailed by 5 points two days ago in Madison.  The Spartans need to start strong tomorrow.

Michigan plays Iowa in moments, after Iowa beat Illinois yesterday.  It’s tough for teams to play two days in a row, especially against a fresh opponent.

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Michigan plays Iowa in moments, after Iowa beat Illinois yesterday.  It’s tough for teams to play two days in a row, especially against a fresh opponent.

It's close right now early in the first half but I don't expect Iowa to stay with Michigan.

WVU plays Texas on Sat.  Every team in the Big 12 has a winning record except Iowa State.  The Big 12 as a whole is limping into March Madness.  Kansas and maybe West Virginia are the only two teams surging.

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Every team in the Big 12 has a winning record except Iowa.

Iowa State?

While It’s difficult for this Spartan to root for Michigan, I was glad they beat Iowa.  It would be nice if the Spartans have an opportunity to avenge the earlier loss to Michigan.

• Like 1