March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

is your conference tourney this week?  I've been too busy (or made myself too busy) to look farther than the SEC tourney @ StL this week.  my Tigers did get #1 seed, got the bye to today, and get arch-rival Ala in the 1st game there today.

good luck to you guys/girls & your favorite school

yeah well, my tigers laid a huge one.  leading by 10 at the half, they must have really hit the pipe or something.  almost got run out of the gym to open the 2nd, outscored I think 20-1 for the 1st +/- 5 min of the 2nd, and outscored for the 2nd half 50-22 I think they said, wound up losing by 18.  ugh.  that's just ugly.

22 minutes ago, -js- said:

yeah well, my tigers laid a huge one.  l

Hard to find a way to disagree with you on that one, my friend.  I watched most of the second half, and it's real simple;  Auburn couldn't make a basket and Alabama couldn't miss.  There were stretches where you probably wondered if the Tigers were even going to score again.  It's real frustrating when that happens.

Auburn is safely in the Big Dance as a potential #3 seed, but what they really did was take bubble team Alabama and move them to IN IMO while knocking fellow bubble team Oklahoma OUT which lost 8 of their last ten and lost their first round game in the Big 12.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

yep.  I was listening at the office.  I might have been looking for the suicide meds had I watched it.  sounded like we couldn't buy a bucket, and they couldn't miss.

oh well.  I hope they got that out of their system... had hoped they had already done that, but whatcha gonna do?

Checked into Westin La Paloma Resort Hotel in Tuscon expecting to Watch Arizona Wildcats take on UCLA, but no.  The hotel doesn’t get PAC-12 channel, i. e., can’t watch the local team.  Go figure.

Instead, I’ll watch and root for @wvu80‘s Mountainheers and @Tarheel‘s Tarheels in their respective games. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Go U of H Cougars!  Beat Cincinnati.  I was born and raised in Houston.  I remember when phi slama jama went to the NCAA Finals.  Ugh!  What a gut-wrenching ending it was!

Phi slamma jamma lol.  'I want a king sized Coke.  Oh, you want Alajawon?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Sounds like a waste of money, or is the sec so rich these days it doesn't matter?

It is rich for sure, but these teams are actually playing some good basketball. Nice to talk about somebody other than Kentucky.  Anyway, don't you have a hockey game to watch? :)

• Like 1

OK, can someone kindly explain to me how WVU is the #5 seed in the EAST Region and will be playing in San Diego?  I was under the apparently false impression that San Diego was in California, somewhere, and not in the East.  :huh2:

It seems ridiculous to me since another East Regional site is Pittsburgh, 45 minutes away from Morgantown.  I would drive to Pittsburgh to catch the first round NCAA regional, but San Diego is a little too far to drive in a day.  :dry:

12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

OK, can someone kindly explain to me how WVU is the #5 seed in the EAST Region and will be playing in San Diego?

I'll give it a go. The games are technically not regional until you get to the sweet 16. In other words, WVU isn't in the East region quite yet. They do this because there are a whole lot of 1st and 2nd round games scattered out across this great land.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

OK, can someone kindly explain to me how WVU is the #5 seed in the EAST Region and will be playing in San Diego?

I'll give it a go. The games are technically not regional until you get to the sweet 16. In other words, WVU isn't in the East region quite yet. They do this because there are a whole lot of 1st and 2nd round games scattered out across this great land.

I give you full credit, that's the first time I've even heard someone take a shot at an explanation! 

But I can hear the discussion in the Tournament Committee room now:

MEMBER A:  Hey, let's put West Virginia in the EAST REGIONAL.  They've earned it, they can get on a bus and get there in an hour and all their fans can fill up the basketball center, generating local interest, making money for Pittsburgh and making money for the NCAA. 

MEMBER B:  Or we can put them on a plane for four hours and make them play 3,000 miles from their fan base where NOBODY in San Diego has even HEARD of WVU and there is ZERO chance anybody would spend 10 cents to come out and watch them.  Most of them don't even know West Virginia is a state.

Chairman:  OK, let's see a show of hands, how many for Pittsburgh?  (no hands go up)  How many for San Diego?  (Wild applause and laughter ensues.  Drinks are poured).  San Diego it is!   :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :D

Uh, no.  :emotion-45:  :dry:  :emotion-41:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Go U of H Cougars!  Beat Cincinnati.  I was born and raised in Houston.  I remember when phi slama jama went to the NCAA Finals.  Ugh!  What a gut-wrenching ending it was!

My wife's brother was a freshman starter on their football team back in 2009, Zeke Riser, he played defensive end.

• Like 1