March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

45 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Nevada, what a comeback.

Cincinnati, what a choke.  22 point lead with 11 minutes to go and they gave up.

Same thing.

+++

Even though I don't do brackets I thought Cinci was an Elite 8 team, if not higher.

I'm thinking about picking Marshall tonight.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Cincinnati, what a choke.  22 point lead with 11 minutes to go and they gave up.

Same thing.

+++

Even though I don't do brackets I thought Cinci was an Elite 8 team, if not higher.

I'm thinking about picking Marshall tonight.  :rolleyes:

Just starting, don't think I can stay awake that long.

• Like 1

WVU 42-25 at the half.  Marshall ripped three 3's to start the game and took a 9-2 lead.  Then West Virginia turned up the defensive pressure creating 11 turnovers in the last 13 minutes.

If WVU wins that will put four Big 12 schools into the Sweet 16, along with Kansas, Texas Tech and Kansas State.

So, how many of you had the Loyola Chicago/Nevada matchup in the Sweet 16?  All four top seeds in the East Regional, gone.  One would think whoever wins the K-State/Kentucky match up will go on the win the East and advance to the Final 4.

2 minutes ago, rebuy said:

The WVU--Marshall Game is suckin' for Marshall fans.

Marshall started out on fire!  I thought they were going to run WVU out of the gym, and they would have if they could have kept knocking down those 3's.

Truth in Advertising:  My wife went to Marshall so not matter who won I was going to cheer for them in the next round.

have to give a shout out to a "local team" here ->  Miss State dominated Louisville last nite AT UofL 79-56.  their worst home loss (in that arena I guess.  IDK; didn't watch, heard it on local news/sports/talk today) and some here are STILL saying would have been better to go to the real dance, be one & done rather than make it to NYC.  I'm all for getting to the big dance if you can, but we've already discussed all that.

gotta pull for them a little bit in the big apple.  now they get Penn St on 3/27 at the Garden.  good times!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Duke and Syracuse at 9:37 Friday.....I'll try to stay awake till then:huh:

Tarheel - who will you be rooting for in that one?  supporting the local Devils, or are you like me, struggle to support a rival like that?

inquiring minds... and all that :P

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, -js- said:

Tarheel - who will you be rooting for in that one?  supporting the local Devils, or are you like me, struggle to support a rival like that?

inquiring minds... and all that :P

Yeah it's hard to pull for Duke.....especially that obnoxious Grayson Allen.  I guess I'm on the fence on this one.

39 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Duke and Syracuse at 9:37 Friday.....I'll try to stay awake till then:huh:

That's on the same time as Purdue/Texas Tech. The Purdue center (Haas) with the broken elbow, is still contemplating playing. They're trying to find an elbow brace that helps, and the NCAA will approve. 

I hope Syracuse wins. Tired of seeing Duke :huh:

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That's on the same time as Purdue/Texas Tech. The Purdue center (Haas) with the broken elbow, is still contemplating playing. They're trying to find an elbow brace that helps, and the NCAA will approve. 

I hope Syracuse wins. Tired of seeing Duke :huh:

The Boilermakers have their School of Engineering designing a brace for Hass.

Not sure it is going to help. I watched him try and shoot a free throw and he can barely raise his arm without severe pain.

Hopefully a week of therapy will give him a little relief.

He can defend and dunk left handed and shoot leftie free throws.

Boiler UP

10 minutes ago, Davis said:

The Boilermakers have their School of Engineering designing a brace for Hass.

Not sure it is going to help. I watched him try and shoot a free throw and he can barely raise his arm without severe pain.

Hopefully a week of therapy will give him a little relief.

He can defend and dunk left handed and shoot leftie free throws.

Boiler UP

I think Painter should have said he will be playing, and is doing quite well in practice. Keep TT wondering.

Dave Calabro had a nice interview with Gene Keady while the players were exiting the bus.