March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

22 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Villanova just too good last night. Michigan might be just another bump in the road for them Monday night.

They're not unbeatable though.  You live by the 3, you die by the 3.  If they're as hot tonight as they were Saturday then it won't be close.  If those bombs don't go in, then Michigan has a very real chance.  Michigan is great with offensive execution, but they can't be trading 2's for 3's.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kvndoom said:

They're not unbeatable though.  You live by the 3, you die by the 3.  If they're as hot tonight as they were Saturday then it won't be close.  If those bombs don't go in, then Michigan has a very real chance.  Michigan is great with offensive execution, but they can't be trading 2's for 3's.

Michigan has had games when 3s were going in from all over.  They've also had games when they couldn't buy a 3 point basket.  The fact that Michigan's big man, Mo Wagner, can hit 3s can be a blessing or a curse.  If they choose to leave him beyond the arc, rather than send him under the basket, where he can make shots and/or draw fouls, IMO, it would be a mistake.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DizRotus said:

This Spartan will pull for the Wolverines on Monday, but I don’t expect it to help.

Spartan  pulling for the Wolverines?

isn't  that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

End of days is upon us boys:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't watch basketball at all unless one of the Michigan teams are in the tourney. Thinking Michigan made it this far amazes me. I have tuned in to watch the last few games since the March madness started. I would love to see them win it all but they seem over matched in this one.

10 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Is Villanova's style the future of basketball? 5 guys on the court that spread out the defense with great spacing and all 5 can bang down 3s the whole game.

That's Michigan's style also but they don't have five who can knock down 3's.

Even though the NCAA 3-point line is shorter then the NBA it's doubtful that style will catch on except for the most talented of upper echelon teams.  They are the only ones with enough talent the shoot the threes.  Most college teams have a three point shooter or a couple of them if they are lucky.  Villanova has got them all over the place, that's why they're hard to defend.

Watch tonight when a Mich guy shoots a three, the second the ball leaves his hand the whole team sprints to the defensive back court.  Gun and run.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

He's about 33% from beyond the arc lifetime.  What percentage gets you into the threat area?  Steph Curry is a hair over 43%.

Shooting 38% from the 3-point line is considered the same break-even percentage as shooting 50% from the 2-point area.

I've got the Michigan Teamcast on TNT, the National broadcast on TBS on the other TV.

The National broadcast has the teams "Michigan" and "Villanova."  The Michigan Teamcast lists the visitors as "Wolverines."

So far I'm liking the announcers being cheerleaders for their team.  I like the emotion which you don't hear with neutral announcers who are just describing the game.

Go Blue!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Michigan has GOT to stop gunning 3's!  Once they get behind they will need 3's to get back into it.  The problem?

Woverines shot 2-13 3's in the first half, 13 percent.

Michigan is going to need the 4 point line like the Harlem Globetrotters if they are going to get back into this.

Just now, pbphoto said:

Michigan is going to need the 4 point line like the Harlem Globetrotters if they are going to get back into this.

C'mon man.  :rolleyes:

Michigan is not out of it, they just need to continue the good defense on the V 3's like they did in the first half, then score consistently.  I don't think they scored the last 3 or 4 minutes of the first half.