March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

On 2/8/2018 at 5:56 AM, DizRotus said:

If MSU beats Purdue, they go to #2, unless Virgina is upset by Hokies, in which case Sparty goes back to #1.  If Virginia beats VaTech, as expected, they stay at #1.  After Saturday, MSU will be either #1,  #2, or #5, or lower.  I see no scenario where Spartans are #3 next Tuesday.

44 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Now, who will be #1?  

Please let it be anyone but the Spartans.  #1 is a curse.

Yes, who will be number one?  Sorry Neil, you made your predictions and now you're going to have to deal with being right.  :P

Congratulations. 

• Sad 1

Hmmm, I kinda like all the chewin' and thunkin going on in here.  The Buckeyes were rollin B1G time against Iowa scoring almost at will.  Sure they were happy being #1 and it was also nice seeing the Schott "Sold Out" for the first time in 4 years.  Coach WILL have to keep them on point for the remainder of the season.  Penn State,  ichigan will be must win games as well as the others remaining.  Sparty should move up to #1, which would be nice for those in the IZZONE.  Was a great game to watch especially w/that long 3 ball at the end...  Coolness factor implemented!!!  Gonna be a shoot out in the B1G!

Sparty looking solid against a lower level opponent up by 30 over Minn late.  That's what the Big Boys are supposed to do.

Did your see where Joe Lunardi ESPN bracketology has MSU as a THIRD seed?  His reasoning is not enough quality wins.  That means they would have to be ranked 9th-12. 

I don't think so.  <_<

When asked his opinion about being preliminarily a 3 seed, Izzo looked directly into the camera and said, “I don’t care.”  He then pointed out that his teams made seven Final Fours from seedings as low as 8.

He didn’t mention the year the Spartan suffered, arguably, the worst upset in NCAA basketball tournament history, as a #2 seed losing to Middle Tennessee State, a #15 seed.  Rankings and seedings don’t win games.  To win a championship, you must beat everyone. 

Neil, did you see the TV interview with Isaac Haas before their game Saturday? A MSU reporter showed the likeness of Haas and the MSU bronze Spartan statue, he looked identical to the statue. 

Haas said yesterday he will not enter the NBA draft, and be back next year for his final year.

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Neil, did you see the TV interview with Isaac Haas before their game Saturday? A MSU reporter showed the likeness of Haas and the MSU bronze Spartan statue, he looked identical to the statue. 

Haas said yesterday he will not enter the NBA draft, and be back next year for his final year.

Yes.

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

More quality ESPN programming. that story and having to put up with Dick Vitale was enough to hit the mute button and listen to the radio play by play.

Give me Gus Johnson, Dan Dakich or Bill Rafferty any day.

I always look forward to Reggie Miller during the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.

Excellent to hear Haas is going to fulfill his commitment to his University.

I am so against leaving early for the NBA especially when scholarship money has been received. There should be a complete payback and all four years of tuition deducted from the first NBA check.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davis said:

More quality ESPN programming. that story and having to put up with Dick Vitale was enough to hit the mute button and listen to the radio play by play.

Give me Gus Johnson, Dan Dakich or Bill Rafferty any day.

I always look forward to Reggie Miller during the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament.

Excellent to hear Haas is going to fulfill his commitment to his University.

I am so against leaving early for the NBA especially when scholarship money has been received. There should be a complete payback and all four years of tuition deducted from the first NBA check.

I think it's time for Vitale to retire.

Do you ever watch, or listen to the Dan Patrick show? Reggie calls in 2-3 times a week, I enjoy listening to him. 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I think it's time for Vitale to retire.

Long overdue.

Vitale & Walton are working the NBA "Crossover" games today.  They were going to make Larry Nassar watch both games from prison, but it was determined to be cruel and unusual punishment.

I'm on the road for work, as I complete my 'required service' to collect my parting bonus.  all that means is I don't sleep as well away from home as I do at home.  thus I'm here with whoever else is up & online at 5 am CT.

how about my Auburn Tigers, huh?  1st time in I guess 30 + yrs we've had a year like this!  I'm not a big BB fan, begin to tune in this time of year - and no football - I check to see how my Tigers are doing.  wow 23-3,  #10 in the AP, beat UK last night by 10!  (now, my uneducated opinion - this UK team doesn't "look" like your usual UK team but still - they ARE KY!

1st time since 89-90 that AU has won back to back home games against KY.  awesome!

honestly - I'm not sure this team has what it takes to go far in the Big Dance or not.  AU tends to fold under pressure, so I am a bit skeptical.  but sure am liking it so far!

2 gm lead in the SEC with 5 to go - Ala, at Fla & Ark, 2 vs So Caro, then the SEC tourney in StL .  SEC tourney in StL ?!?  hmmm.  oh well.

you guys have a good day.  I'll be off to the office, doing what I must, visiting with long time "work family" probably saying a few farewells to work family etc.  it's not all bad.