March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

Somebody needs to check the refs for cheese breath.  Oh well, despite the missed out of bounds and Ethan Happ suckering Jaren Jackson Jr., the better team prevailed.

Now, I must again say, ahem . . . .go blue . . . beat the Huskers, so Sparty can get some revenge tomorrow.

I'm just hoping my Auburn Tigers are able to break what seems to be a trend of late - 4-4 since Feb 1 after going 20-2 before that.  hopefully not just another late season swoon like I think they seem to do (in numerous sports).  hopefully we get back on track NOW, smoke S Caro at home tomorrow & get things going for the post season, beginning at StL for the SEC tourney..  I think we will be a #1 seed there if we win the conference regular season.  hopefully we will.  we've wasted away a 2 game lead over the last 3 games or so.  ugh.

if we get that 1 seed, we bye until Friday in StL.  March Madness - fun times!

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Too bad.  I was expecting you to comment on the missed calls.

Well, you can guess what I might say.  MSU shouldn't have had it so close so that the bad calls or non-calls at the end would make a difference.  B)  It sounds like the refs were trying to keep it close for Wisconsin. 

I'm not great at understanding NCAA reffing, and NBA reffing is worse.

Edit:  I just saw some highlights on espn.com.  It looks like MSU had a good defensive play and a couple of BIG 3-pointers at the end.  That's a 13 game win-streak coming at the right time of the year.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Now, I must again say, ahem . . . .go blue . . . beat the Huskers, so Sparty can get some revenge tomorrow.

Mich got Neb pretty easy so you got your wish.  Be careful what you wish for.  B)

+++

Ohio State and Penn State should be a really good game, probably the best of this Friday night.  Starts at 630p, but I can't get it on TV either, it's on BTN.

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

That victory helps Nittany Lions more than it hurts Buckeyes.

Agree. 

Penn Stage had a one point lead at halftime and made it hold up 69-68.  I would like to have seen that one, it looked like a barn burner.

Penn State has 21 wins on the season, I'm not sure that was much of an upset.  PSU is good.
+++

It wasn't on TV yesterday, but did you see how Virginia finished over Louisville?  Louisville had a FOUR POINT LEAD with one second left, and lost!  UVA hit free throws followed by a L'ville turnover and a 3-pointer by UVA with no time left on the clock to win the game.  Good for UVA for not giving up, but Louisville choked big time.

On a slightly different note what sense does it make for the Big 10 to play in Madison Square? While its obviously $$$ to the schools it seems a disservice to the fans who deserve the right to see the tourney live opposed to those in MSG who most likely don't give a shit ?!

• Like 2

Agree!  The B1G women are in Indy so why they took the men to MSG I'll NEVER know.  The women will leave Indy and start their playoffs.  The men after NYC will have almost a two-week break before the NCAA begins.  Maybe I'm just not seeing the B1G picture!  lolol  

1 hour ago, richieb said:

On a slightly different note what sense does it make for the Big 10 to play in Madison Square? While its obviously $$$ to the schools it seems a disservice to the fans who deserve the right to see the tourney live opposed to those in MSG who most likely don't give a shit ?!

All the B1G fans hated that move except Rutgers and PSU. I believe it comes back to Indy in 2020. 

• Like 1

I think Michigan will beat Purdue.  Beating a good team three times in a row is difficult.  Michigan is playing very well.  At this stage of the season, victories for Michigan are more significant to their NCAA tournament status, than are losses to Purdue or MSU to theirs. 

The Wolverines are peaking at the right time again.  B1G tournament champs for the second year in a row, this time without a plane crash.

John Beilein is an excellent coach.  Not long ago, fanatical Michigan fans were calling for his job.  Fortunately for Michigan basketball, cooler heads prevailed.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2018 at 4:24 PM, DizRotus said:

Wolverines and Spartans each got what they deserved.  No more dreams of a #1 seed for Sparty.

I am wondering what you think about the 33 free throws to 10 free throws disparity?

I will have to look at the game again, but I never like the foul call disparity when everyone is banging each other. Langford poor shooting for the two guard was very bad. Jackson needs to take mid range jumpers.

What did Ward do to get in the Izzo doghouse?