March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

8 hours ago, Davis said:

There are two teams from Indiana in the tourney. Purdue and Butler, if they both win today they will meet each other in the second round.

There are two teams from West Virginia in the tourney, WVU and Marshall.  #13 seed Marshall has already upset #4 seed Murry State and will meet WVU in the next round if the Mountaineers can handle Murray State.

+++

Did you see where every team from the Pac 12 was knocked out in the first round?  None remain.

49 minutes ago, Davis said:

Purdues big man Isaac Hass fractures his elbow in their first round game.

He is out for the rest of the tourney.

I just saw the replay of him landing on his elbow.  He tripped backwards fighting for a rebound and his full weight went on that elbow, there was no way for him to catch himself.  That looks really painful.  :(

+++

#10 Texas by 9 over #7 Nevada at halftime.  I'm not so sure that is an upset, Texas has a great shot blocker.  They are good!

All 7'-2"...290lbs landed on that elbow...he was battling for a air ball rebound which put him in an awkward position to begin with.

It has to be heartbreaking for that young man. After what we have all witnessed a lot of teams can with this thing and I think Purdue had a chance as any.

The Boilermakers have another seven footer who can step up.

• Like 1

I feel sick for Texas.  They were up by 14, lost it in OT. 

+++

Sunday will feature the West Virginia State Championship, WVU vs Marshall.  Marshall has the #1 shot blocker in the country, WVU has the #2 shot blocker, along with Jevon Carter who is #1 in steals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Go Mountaineers!

Was Sparty just trying to keep the national TV audience interested?  :huh2:  I guess it's just survive and advance, nothing else really matters.

I was driving here in West Virginia and picked up 760 AM which sounded like the flagship station for Michigan State basketball.  It was pretty cool to listen to the MSU commentators.

34 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

first year in a VERY long time that i didn’t fill out a bracket. 

You saved yourself a lot of heartache.  I just saw where Marshall busted 87% of the brackets.

My only question is, what in the world is wrong with the 13% of the people who picked them?  Marshall hadn't been to the NCAA's since 1987 and they had never won a game! 

March Madness, indeed! 

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My only question is, what in the world is wrong with the 13% of the people who picked them?  Marshall hadn't been to the NCAA's since 1987 and they had never won a game! 

i suspect those folks filled out MANY brackets with myriad variations.