March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

LOL!  Don't feed the troll.  It's more than obvious.  :lol:

First the troll goes onto a thread in which he has no interest, trolls the people who are passionate about it, insults the posters, then injects politics to try to get the thread shut down.  It's a well worn out tactic.  Let's hope the Mods don't let that happen this time.  I have a strong suspicion They are watching. B)

Your analysis is incorrect.  Calling someone a troll when they are not is trolling in itself, yet I would not call you that.  Try finding a little sense of humor.  

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Was Sparty just trying to keep the national TV audience interested?  :huh2:  I guess it's just survive and advance, nothing else really matters.

I was driving here in West Virginia and picked up 760 AM which sounded like the flagship station for Michigan State basketball.  It was pretty cool to listen to the MSU commentators.

Yes.  WJR 760 is the MSU flagship station.  It’s 50k clear channel watts go a long way after dark.

Just now, DizRotus said:

Yes.  WJR 760 is the MSU flagship station.  It’s 50k clear channel watts go a lon way after dark.

I love to drive at night and pick up distant stations as they bounce off the ionosphere.  Where I am at we get Chicago, New York and others but it fades in and out.  I don't ever remember getting 760 before.  It was really fun to listen to. 

15 minutes ago, richieb said:

Curiosity only - why more so than other of the team sports? You mean pro, college and / or both?

Sorry Richie for the interruption.  If you want to pm on the subject I am happy to respond, but given the tone here a public discussion seems unlikely without disruptive interference.

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

Virginia is about to go into NCAA Tournament history as first #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed.

Oh geez!  I've got that up on the TV but I wasn't paying any attention because I am working on refilling a laser cartridge.

This is the biggest upset in the HISTORY of the NCAA tournament!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i completed a certificate program with Villanova years ago ... did they make it to the tournament?

Nova is a top 4 seed, meaning they have a #1 seed in the section of the draw West Virginia is in.  If we get that far we will face Nova.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Nova is a top 4 seed, meaning they have a #1 seed in the section of the draw West Virginia is in.  If we get that far we will face Nova.

you mean i have to root against Jerry West now?  

Who am i to talk, i haven’t watched a single game all year ... only seen minutes of the NBA.  During the 80s, i’d watch every minute of every Laker game. The past seven years or so, i’ve really started losing interest. I watched the Finals last year, as Golden State is my “home” team, since i was born about eight miles from mid-court. 

I won our office bracket one year ... only $150; but, better than nothing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

as long as people still talk to me, i’m good.  if you’re PM comment was directed at me, i replied already. 

Um, no it wasn't.  And there has been no reply.  The post seems to have been  combined.  I sent a pm to wvu80.