March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

25 minutes ago, Davis said:

I don't follow the rankings weekly or all season actually

But the #3 team with a 19 game winning streak loses by 1 point drops 6 spots seems excessive.

Maybe early in the season, but this time of year. Is that the norm?

I think that loss is the best thing to happen to Purdue.

I do too. I've always said a late season loss before the tournament can be a good thing, especially when a team has a long winning streak. Purdue will bounce back.

• Like 1

Just a minor error in the thought process...  OSU spanked Sparty early (16), OSU had knocked the lil Boiler down last nite by 1...  Gonna get interesting real quick w/Purdon't in East Lansing on ESPN @ 4 Saturday afternoon...  Sparty HAS to man up just as Purdon't does...  Tough to win in East Lansing, soooo let the cards fall where they may.  We all know that OSU isn't a top 10 team but what a year so far...  OSU doesn't face either team again this year.  

Edited by Dave1290

Speaking for most that are following OSU hoops this year, Neil. I really don't think any OSU fan expected them to play this well. Holtmann's addition has truly showed promise but recruiting will tell the tale.  These kids are Matta's recruits for the most part.  They're ballin though and I'm sure recruits are seeing their flair.  It's all good!

Edited by Dave1290

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

WVU has OK State for the noon ESPN game and #3 Purdue is at #4 Michigan State at 4p on ESPN. 

The Boilermakers and Sparty is by far the best college matchup of the weekend.

Anybody watching?

I plan on being home from work in time for the Boilermakers game.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Speaking for most that are following OSU hoops this year, Neil. I really don't think any OSU fan expected them to play this well. Holtmann's addition has truly showed promise but recruiting will tell the tale.  These kids are Matta's recruits for the most part.  They're ballin though and I'm sure recruits are seeing their flair.  It's all good!

Chris Holtmann was an excellent recruiter while at Butler. He may have not have gotten the biggest names but he has an art for selecting talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

WVU has OK State for the noon ESPN game and #3 Purdue is at #4 Michigan State at 4p on ESPN. 

The Boilermakers and Sparty is by far the best college matchup of the weekend.

Anybody watching?

Im bouncing between the Butler/Nova game and the WVU game, oh....and the Nascar Daytona practice.

I will watch the Purdue/MSU game also.

36 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

That was an exciting finish...wrong outcome I'm sure.

WVU just can't get any consistency against the lower half of the conference and it's costing them a chance at the Big 12 championship and will certainly cost them a high seed at the Big Dance.

I hope everyone else's team does better than mine this afternoon.  :(

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

OMG, Vitale.  At least he’s not Bill Walton.

I always liked Bill Walton, but OMG he's gone completely off the deep end lately.  He just drifts endlessly  on-air about whatever floats into his mind. 

If you couldn't see the picture and all you did was listen to his commentary you would never guess there was a basketball game going on.  :wacko:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Now, gulp, GO  BLUE, beat the  Buckeyes.

Another easy Sparty win!  :D

Purdue's center is 7'2" and strong, he is a beast.  I kept waiting for Sparty to double-team him, there is no one in college basketball who can guard him one-on-one.

I also liked MSU's point guard, with the white headband.  He has an attitude and a poise that just says "winner."