March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

5 hours ago, Davis said:

I find it very hard to believe, with some of the great teams they have had in the past, that Purdue has never been ranked #1.

Will that be changing soon?

I believe it was the 2010 team that went to #2, this current team is probably better.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Dave, @wvu80‘s Mountaineers looked good today against Texas.

After two straight losses where they led by double-digits in each game, this was West Virginia's bounce-back game.  They needed a quality win.

Texas has a 6' 11" freshman center that looks like he's nine feet tall!  He's skinny and has really long arms.  He is the classic rim protector but he's easy to out muscle pushing him away from the rim so that is why he's not a scoring threat.  The rest of the Texas team can't rebound or shoot, so they have a good team, but not a top team in the Big 12.

I made an earlier comment that Ohio State shouldn't be on the same floor as the Spartans, but maybe they should.  They have climbed to #20, based mostly on the quality win over Sparty.  The Big 10 needs some ranked teams to position themselves for good seeds in the Big Dance in March.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 12:10 AM, DizRotus said:

The four best teams in B1G are Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State.

Ohio State is up to #13.  Who knew?

Both Sparty #6 and WVU #7 are playing right now, WV on ESPN, MSU on Fox Sports 1.  MSU gets Ilinois (10-10) and should easily take care of business.

WVU (16-3) is an underdog on the road to unranked TCU (14-5).  That strikes me as a bit odd.

Just now, Ceptorman said:

WOW.....WVU down 20 late in 2nd half. MSU kicking butt.

Yes, West Virginia is proving the old saying, "if you can't score, you can't win."  They have gone a couple of 6 minute stretches without scoring a bucket.  Hard to win that way.  :(

Yes, Michigan seemed to be underrated at #25, but, they’ll probably drop from the rankings next week.  No matter, I expect Michigan to be ranked and get a decent seed at  NCAA tournament time.

This Spartan was actually rooting for Michigan to give Purdue a loss.