March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

2 hours ago, -js- said:

I'm on the road for work, as I complete my 'required service' to collect my parting bonus.  all that means is I don't sleep as well away from home as I do at home.  thus I'm here with whoever else is up & online at 5 am CT.

how about my Auburn Tigers, huh?  1st time in I guess 30 + yrs we've had a year like this!  I'm not a big BB fan, begin to tune in this time of year - and no football - I check to see how my Tigers are doing.  wow 23-3,  #10 in the AP, beat UK last night by 10!  (now, my uneducated opinion - this UK team doesn't "look" like your usual UK team but still - they ARE KY!

1st time since 89-90 that AU has won back to back home games against KY.  awesome!

honestly - I'm not sure this team has what it takes to go far in the Big Dance or not.  AU tends to fold under pressure, so I am a bit skeptical.  but sure am liking it so far!

2 gm lead in the SEC with 5 to go - Ala, at Fla & Ark, 2 vs So Caro, then the SEC tourney in StL .  SEC tourney in StL ?!?  hmmm.  oh well.

you guys have a good day.  I'll be off to the office, doing what I must, visiting with long time "work family" probably saying a few farewells to work family etc.  it's not all bad.

Yes, they are doing well. 

• Like 1

Both #6 Ohio State and #8 Purdue lost tonight.  How does that sit with you Michigan State fans?

On the one hand MSU can probably take the Big 10 now, but I'm not sure about that.  OTOH The Big Ten has gotten ripped for being "soft" this year.  Having two  top ten teams lose probably weakens Sparty's position.

What say you?

Agree, if Michigan State wins out they deserve a #1 seed.

I see Michigan as in the field easily.  I think Nebraska is close but is probably out unless they finish strong.

There are still some good games to be played.  BTW, has anybody noticed #5 Cincinnati?  They have a solid chance for a #1 seed and I haven't paid any attention to them until this week.

Most casual basketball fans know the UC Bearcats won the NCAA championship (1961 and 1962), and they know that Oscar Robertson is the greatest Cincinnati Bearcat of all time.  What most don't know is that Oscar Robertson was NOT on a championship Beacat team. The Big O graduated in 1960.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 8:49 AM, DizRotus said:

On Sunday this Spartan will be cheering for the Wolverines to defeat the Buckeyes.

It won't matter unless Sparty takes care of business against 15-12 Northwestern.  They are down 22 at HALFTIME.  :blink:

Can MSU come back?  Scoring points and cutting the lead doesn't count.  It's not a comeback unless you win.

So, how do you beat a team that scored 49 in the first half?  Hold them to ELEVEN in the second!  Wow.

And it was a 3 point play with 12 seconds left that gave NW their last points.  MSU effectively held them to 8 points in the second half until it was too late.  Wow again.

Sorry WVU but for the second time this year Huggy's boys couldn't hold a double digit lead against the Jayhawks. Huggins eventually tossed from the game after a questionable call near the end of the game. There always seems to be heavy handed calls to the visiting team and this game was no different. I think the Jayhawks went to the line at a 3:1 ratio to WV. Rock Chalk -- 

Edit - sorry but like the the refs I was a bit confused in the free throw disparity.

Free throws - KU 35  WVU 2 . Yeah Two free throws in the entire game. Whether I'm a KU fan or not that stat is beyond belief. I mean college hoops has become an instant foul every time someone drive the hoop or contests a shot in the lane. 

• Like 1

The Buckeye's wheels feel off the last couple of games.  Some are whining, but heck they'll be ok.  Just another day at the office.  Deeper bench would help but we'll see what happens down the road.  Would be nice to get a couple of the big boys that have been talking to OSU.  It'll sort!   Not much hoops this wkend since it was Senior Day for the Lady Buckeye's so I was in Cbus for that.  One proud Dad today when Kelsey Mitchell came up huggin on my old butt.  Asked her if she needed me to walk her out on the floor and she said, "anytime you want!"  Then her Dad showed up and burst my bubble.  She's gonna be one tough baller in the WNBA!  Hopefully your wife put the Sparty stuff back on the car now Diz!  You'll be fine  :)

Edited by Dave1290

Wow, Kansas just scored 104 and beat Oklahoma by 30.  One of my favorite players to watch this year, OK's Trae Young looks average, definitely not Steph Curry-like.

KU is now supposed to be in position for a #1 seed, moving up from a #2.  That's what happens when you take out West Virginia after being down by ten and crushing Oklahoma in back-to-back games.

#2 Michigan State beat IL tonight 81-61.  #21 WVU beat Baylor 71- 60.

The difference between the two is when MSU went ahead by 10 you knew they were going to win.  After West Virginia went ahead by 20 you wonder if they were going to lose.  :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea I think the shit is about ready to hit the fan!

It is just the mess the 'lack of civilization' has become. Trust the notes of a criminal? Guilty until proven innocent? $ 400 is far less than other players took. 'Implication' is his mother took the money not Miles.

It is a big ugly mess.

• Like 1