March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

My sister dated a guy with a full scholarship to MSU as a tight end.  After his sophomore season, he met with Duffy Daugherty to voice his desire to transfer to a MAC school, where he could play.  Duffy talked him out of it, assuring him he’d get playing time.

He NEVER got in a game.  Before a late season game his senior season, he missed practices that week due to illness.  He never bothered to check the dress list that week, as the protocol dictated, no practice, no dress for game. 

During the game, he and my sister were in the stands, in the players’ seats a couple rows behind the bench, where he heard a coach call his name to go into the game.  It was doubly disappointing.  Not only did he miss his only opportunity to see game action, the coaches hadn’t  noticed he was absent from practice all week.

That's a heartbreaker. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Walton said Joshua Langford was Alabama player of the year 5 times

Not exactly. He was Probably the 3A (we have 1a through 7a high schools around here) player of the year 5 times though. He is a phenom for sure and has a crazy bright future. Most likely will be a lottery pick for the NBA. I'll say this,  the Spartans landed the best Alabama has to offer lately when they got this kid.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Not exactly. He was Probably the 3A (we have 1a through 7a high schools around here) player of the year 5 times though. He is a phenom for sure and has a crazy bright future. Most likely will be a lottery pick for the NBA. I'll say this,  the Spartans landed the best Alabama has to offer lately when they got this kid.

You're correct JL.  He was 3A.  The following linked article confirms that he was 4 time winner going into senior season.  It also relates a scary bout wih meningitis.

"He's a four-time Class 3A Player of the Year, a two-time Gatorade Alabama Player of the Year and a two-time state champion. He enters his senior season as one of the favorites to win Mr. Basketball."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/11/from_near_death_to_five_star_t.html

Did he win Alabama Mr. Basketball his senior year?

15 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Bill Walton is making me miss Dick Vitale.  Walton said Joshua Langford was Alabama player of the year 5 times, having played HS ball in 8th grade.  Is that true @JL Sargent?

Bill Walton spent 3 days talking crazy off the wall stuff about everything except the games. The Dude is certified and its a disservice for the players, teams and fans and a total distraction.  On and on and on and has done it for years.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/bill-walton-loves-bridges-discussing-miles-bridges-article-1.3659447

• Thanks 1

New Jersey Institute of Technology?  

I believe they’re from Arkansas.

On 12/16 there’s a double bill at the new Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.  At noon Michigan plays UDM.  MSU takes on Oakland at 2:30.   It will be our first visit to LCA.  Our older son works there, but has that day off, so it’ll be a busman’s holiday for him.

• Moderators
On 11/27/2017 at 12:05 PM, Max2 said:

Bill Walton spent 3 days talking crazy off the wall stuff about everything except the games. The Dude is certified and its a disservice for the players, teams and fans and a total distraction.  On and on and on and has done it for years.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/bill-walton-loves-bridges-discussing-miles-bridges-article-1.3659447

I think he's great, always good for a laugh.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:33 PM, DizRotus said:

Spartans handle #5 Notre Dame.  They’re fun to watch, especially when Bilas replaces Walton.

Handle is an understatement. Could evolve into one of the best defensive teams. Bench guard play needs some improvement. Otherwise all systems go for Big 10 title and NCAA number 1 seed.

Awesome season in progress!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2017 at 3:45 PM, DizRotus said:

What if my son can get you a ticket, you’d have to sit with us.  You could sleep during the Wloverine’s game.  Spartans tee off at 2:30.

BTW, Windsor doesn’t qualify as “out of the country.” :rolleyes:

@Audio Flynn

That was funny. 😎 I will be working and tequila tasting in the central Mexico industrial corridor. Go Green!

• Thanks 1